Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on about the Maddock article yesterday that mentioned “precarious financial state”, along with this one tonight about freeing up wages.

150k a week for a sub is something that needs freeing up.

Sandro earning 105k a week while warming Sevillas bench is something that needs freeing up, Klaassen earning 80k a week sitting on our bench and so on.

Surely I'm not the only one thinking this.

Rooney has acted bigger than Everton and disrespected the club he desperately wanted to play for. Frankly it's insulting again.

I'm not against him going, if he wants to leave then fair enough. However the way he has gone about this with that scumbag agent yet again by basically going over the club to secure his move is disgusting. The club may have said he is free to do that, but the fact is the season isn't even finished yet and the story is already out. If they didn't want the story to break it wouldn't have.

It is kind of disappointing that a year ago Wayne was coming back to play for the shirt and a year on acting like the club mean nothing.

Don’t get the sentiment or loyalty towards the lad here. He’s always seen himself bigger than the club, I’ve no problem with that to be honest. He’s had a great career - not with Everton - he decided that we could not match his footballing ability and ambition after Euro2004, few could argue with that logic.

Coming back here was no more than a holiday romance - both wanted it to work - but the magic had gone. I like the lad to be honest, I ain’t that bothered that he’s gone. He came here on his own ego trip as he wasn’t good enough at United, his kids saw him play at Goodison, he scored a trick with a sublime finish, cool as hell in the snow from 12 at Anfield.

He owes us nothing, we owe him nothing. Never cloud sentiment with reality. Wish him well, his footballing career has fallen off a cliff - time has caught up - his stories of the goals he scored and where he scored them will be more memorable than the tales I bore my lad with!

Best wishes Wazza

150k a week for a sub is something that needs freeing up.

Sandro earning 105k a week while warming Sevillas bench is something that needs freeing up, Klaassen earning 80k a week sitting on our bench and so on.
Should that be Moshiri’s decision though? After all we “don’t have to worry about money whilst he’s here”. Surely the manager needs to be making these decisions? Books need to be balanced obviously and our squad is too big so some need shipping out, but which of those needs shipping and which they want to keep should be down to the manager.

Having said that, maybe that conversation with a potential new manager has taken place already and the man in waiting is happy to cash in who knows. Or, maybe Allardyce is staying and he gave the nod for a sale...

Should that be Moshiri’s decision though? After all we “don’t have to worry about money whilst he’s here”. Surely the manager needs to be making these decisions? Books need to be balanced obviously and our squad is too big so some need shipping out, but which of those needs shipping and which they want to keep should be down to the manager.

Having said that, maybe that conversation with a potential new manager has taken place already and the man in waiting is happy to cash in who knows. Or, maybe Allardyce is staying and he gave the nod for a sale...

No I agree and im pretty sure Mosh also agrees, its not his choice, its the managers and the DoFs choice.

But theres a difference between freeing up wages cos your skint and freeing up wages for a waste of space that we dont need.

Im not saying Rooney is that or anybody else, but if people arent going to play, then we get rid.

Rooney is currently being a bell, if we believe the media, which is always dangerous, Sack Sam or I leave, well I know Wayne, why dont you just koff anyway, thanks for the last 13 years, BYE.

why is everyone upset? He's not disrespecting the club, just doesnt want to play for the dinosuar
He has too much power if they sack Allardyce simply because of his situation. If he simply goes to the States and stops this nonsense, I’ll wish him luck. No player should have “assurances” if they aren’t performing.

That article basically says that Kenwright wants him to say and he’s fabricating fan opinion as the excuse. Just sod off will you Bill, you’ve overstayed your welcome.
Hopefully Moshiri has learned from his past mistakes and realized not to take advice from the histrionic tit that is Bill “bring a blue home” Kenwright.

Last edited:
He has too much power if they sack Allardyce simply because of his situation. If he simply goes to the States and stops this nonsense, I’ll wish him luck. No player should have “assurances” if they aren’t performing.
Sam should be sacked for a variety of reasons lol

He wants reassurance of his place in the sqaud despite playing poorly for the last half of the season

Alarm bells go off when any player asks for reassurance of place in a team, it looks like there not confident of performing at a high enough level to keep their place.

If that's true he should drop down a level

He wants reassurance of his place in the sqaud despite playing poorly for the last half of the season

Alarm bells go off when any player asks for reassurance of place in a team, it looks like there not confident of performing at a high enough level to keep their place.

If that's true he should drop down a level

He loves to play football I suppose, he knows he only has a couple of years left so doesn't want to be a bit part player and I think he's realised in the last half a year he wouldn't be able to play week in week out in a top league, but just wants to play week in week out, regardless of where it is.

I hope we keep him around as he'd be useful especially around the dressing room for big games etc.

Players that should be sold before him (if we're worried about freeing wages):

Robles, Martina, Pennington, Galloway, Williams, Jagielka, mangala, browning, garbutt, besic, schneiderlin, Mccarthy, Bolasie, mirallas, Sandro, tarashaj, henen, baxter, Byrne.

I mean we could offload all of them (maybe add Klaassen to the list too) and buy just four or five and our squad will be perfectly balanced. Look how many players on that list are over 21 and don't have a chance at playing for us. Only three of the actually feature regularly atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back