Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had a few in the top 5 moments of the season. Fleeting as they are.

As much as I’ll be content with his departure, it would have been nice to say farewell.

He may still get the chance if the slug gets the boot, as it all sounds dependant on him staying / going.

Reading inbetween the lines, it`s looking like a complete breakdown in the relationship.

Slug - " Right Wayne, when you get the ball, just web it up to Tosun ".

Wayne - " I`ve won everything in the game boss, that`s not the way I do it ".

Slug - " I`ve been in football for over forty years, I know everything there is to know about
the game ", what do you know about anything ? ".

Wayne - " Really, if that`s the case you crack on, I`m off "

Last edited:
Surely I'm not the only one thinking this.

Rooney has acted bigger than Everton and disrespected the club he desperately wanted to play for. Frankly it's insulting again.

I'm not against him going, if he wants to leave then fair enough. However the way he has gone about this with that scumbag agent yet again by basically going over the club to secure his move is disgusting. The club may have said he is free to do that, but the fact is the season isn't even finished yet and the story is already out. If they didn't want the story to break it wouldn't have.

It is kind of disappointing that a year ago Wayne was coming back to play for the shirt and a year on acting like the club mean nothing.

Rooney has acted bigger than Everton and disrespected the club he desperately wanted to play for. Frankly it's insulting again.

I'm not against him going, if he wants to leave then fair enough. However the way he has gone about this with that scumbag agent yet again by basically going over the club to secure his move is disgusting. The club may have said he is free to do that, but the fact is the season isn't even finished yet and the story is already out. If they didn't want the story to break it wouldn't have.

It is kind of disappointing that a year ago Wayne was coming back to play for the shirt and a year on acting like the club mean nothing.

We shouldn’t be bitter about this mate, we’re selling a player who is physically at the end of his professional career for a fee. I welcome the 5 to 8m transfer fee and the fact that we’re shaving 150k per week on our wage bill is a good parting gift.

We shouldn’t be bitter about this mate, we’re selling a player who is physically at the end of his professional career for a fee. I welcome the 5 to 8m transfer fee and the fact that we’re shaving 150k per week on our wage bill is a good parting gift.
I have no issue with him going. I have been critical of him this season and I stand by that, he isn't good enough for us.

It's the way it's happened. For once Wayne could have kept quiet about it and waited for the season to end and then the story comes out. Would have got a last game out of him also as I don't believe he is injured at all. Instead to me at least it seems like he has forgotten what shirt he is wearing and served the Rooney brand instead. Just once he could have let Everton 'sell' him rather than sell himself

Wayne Rooney only cares about Wayne Rooney and we were absolute mugs for taking him back in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back