Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we get even a nominal transfer fee? Selling the all-time England goalscorer at 32(ok yes, he is WAY past his best) just to get him off the wage bill seems a bit desperate. And I'm sure we probably had to pay a large loyalty bonus.
No doubt it has cost us, hence the lack of details. Not too arsed, he's gone and good riddance.

Did we get even a nominal transfer fee? Selling the all-time England goalscorer at 32(ok yes, he is WAY past his best) just to get him off the wage bill seems a bit desperate. And I'm sure we probably had to pay a large loyalty bonus.

He'd swerve it. Proper Blue you know !!

It was never going to work, he was finished a couple of seasons ago, but hey good luck to the lad.
Just like this move will only work out for him financially. On the field he'll be an embarrassment. Will be getting hauled off after an hour, watching younger lads run rings around him. Even if he is able to ping a ball through to a striker, it appears his side is that bad they'd only mess up the chance anyway. I give their fans about half a game before they realise all of this. Right now they're probably in a state of euphoria regarding his signing, but it'll quickly wear off.

Just like this move will only work out for him financially. On the field he'll be an embarrassment. Will be getting hauled off after an hour, watching younger lads run rings around him. Even if he is able to ping a ball through to a striker, it appears his side is that bad they'd only mess up the chance anyway. I give their fans about half a game before they realise all of this. Right now they're probably in a state of euphoria regarding his signing, but it'll quickly wear off.
Well we should know.

First game he will put one into top corner from 30 yards mate.

Its just what Wayne does.

To be quite honest I think he was misused by the managers last season. He was one of the better performers overall, and I think he could still have proved an asset on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back