Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am here in the DC office today and only one person mentioned it to me. ...its really just not on the mind of the man in the street.

I hope it's always that way...there are enough know-it-all types in the other sports; I take solace in the fact I don't have to listen to them in this realm.

#KeepSoccerOutOfAmerica #CommieEuroSportTrash #PerpetuateTheHate

I blame Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton...

Met Gary back in the day on my B'day at work. I happen to share the same b'day with Shawn...he is a year older than me.

He made Shawn come down and say hi and shake hands and stuff. I was in Houston at the time so it was very cool.

Gary remembered me several years later here in Seattle on a chance meeting. I had a shocking and apparently unforgettable sunburn on our first encounter haha.

Back to footy...the Mariners just won 4-1 and the Ruidiaz signing was in the second segment of the post game.

Did we get even a nominal transfer fee? Selling the all-time England goalscorer at 32(ok yes, he is WAY past his best) just to get him off the wage bill seems a bit desperate. And I'm sure we probably had to pay a large loyalty bonus.
It's because he's a massive burden and a tit on massive wages who wouldn't even take a paycut to join his boyhood club.

United parred him off in the exact same way.

Sincerely hope we aren't still subsidising his wages along with United but I think we probably are.

I can go back to the 50s and I guarantee Rooney was our finest ever player, we could have kept him, but some of you wanted Niasse.,
Our so called 'fans' ran him out of town and before him you ran Ross out, congratulations to you Know-nowts.

I can go back to the 50s and I guarantee Rooney was our finest ever player, we could have kept him, but some of you wanted Niasse.,
Our so called 'fans' ran him out of town and before him you ran Ross out, congratulations to you Know-nowts.

Sorry but this is just wholly inaccurate, no comparison to, Ball, Harvey, Labone, Kendall, Latchford, Sharp the list is endless, a great player but not an Everton great. Personally would have liked him to see his contract out and have some youth around him but so be it. He has not been hounded our, he just doesn't fit the bill.

It's because he's a massive burden and a tit on massive wages who wouldn't even take a paycut to join his boyhood club.

United parred him off in the exact same way.

Sincerely hope we aren't still subsidising his wages along with United but I think we probably are.
Very much doubt that Untied will be liable in the event Rooney was sold/moved on as has happened.
Suspect if there's any subsidisation of his DCU salary, it's likely solely down to Everton.

Last edited:
Very much doubt that Untied will be liable in the event Rooney was sold/moved on as has happened.
Suspect if there's and subsidisation of his DCU salary, it's likely solely down to Everton.

If Man U contracted to subsidise Rooney’s wages for the duration of his EFC contract (or remainder of his Utd contact), then I very much doubt they’d get completely off the hook in the event of him being moved on. Would be extremely poor negotiating on Everton’s part to let that happen. Oh bugger...

At least the vast majority of his wage will be off the books. I’d be surprised if he’d have played more than a bit part in Silva’s pressing style, so just happy it’s over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back