Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my first thought too, but now I'm pretty sure that Wayne has been waiting for this opportunity to tell him to shove it. Southgate has received a lot of positive feedback from the sports press regarding his treatment of Rooney. Lots of pats on the back and plaudits such as strong management a plenty, which must have rankled with Rooney. he's answered that in the best way possible today and, as an Evertonian, I'm absolutely delighted.

I also feel a bit for Wayne as I suspect he would have liked the caps record to add to his achievements. Let's hope he can make up for it by becoming the premier leagues highest goal scorer whilst playing for us.;)

Have to hold my hands up and say I was critical of him returning. I've been consummately proven wrong so far, and I'm massively delighted he's taken this decision. It will prolong his career with us and give him important rest time in between premier league fixtures which is probably vital for him at this stage of his career. It's also possible he's got a very personalised plan to maintain his fitness and stay clear of injury, and everyone knows that the England set up don't give a monkeys about stuff like that. A little disappointed for him that he won't get to one more World Cup, but then again he's made the decision so he probably doesn't need any pity. Who'd want to play for England anyway? He's had to play under Hodgson and now Southgate and at one point Steve McClaren and in front of England fans who've booed him every week for his career for over a decade. Cue Adrian Durham calling him a bottler...

Absolutely despise this clown.

I understand that presenters don't necessarily need to be ex professionals, but the line between presenter and pundit should be clear- the presenters should be their to ask questions and stimulate debate and whether you like them or not the pundit is the ex-pro and therefore should be able to provide some deeper insight into the game. Otherwise me, you and everyone else on this forum might as well be on the MOTD panel.

Chapman is decent on BBC for this, and Lineker has credibility to do both, but best will probably always be James Richardson. Durham seems to think the job of a presenter is to spout out nonsense as though it's gospel, although I'm probably giving him too much credit. His orders from the devil below are to say anything so long as it's "controversial" in order to wind up and subsequently get gullible fans to phone/text in and spend their money. I guess he's doing his job correctly. Just a shame people still take the bait after all these years.

Last edited:
Great news for Everton, don't need him [Poor language removed] off to far flung places to play with a [Poor language removed] England team, get battered by the press and come back goosed. Well done Wayne.

Fantastic news and shows he's listening to his body which he knows he has to look after to be able to produce the kind of performances we will expect. This will give him nice little breaks at important times throughout the season just to recharge the batteries.

Made up that he's bowed out whilst in form and not just sitting on utds bench with people doubting that he s finished and washed up as a player

I understand that presenters don't necessarily need to be ex professionals, but the line between presenter and pundit should be clear- the presenters should be their to ask questions and stimulate debate and whether you like them or not the pundit is the ex-pro and therefore should be able to provide some deeper insight into the game. Otherwise me, you and everyone else on this forum might as well be on the MOTD panel.

Chapman is decent on BBC for this, and Lineker has credibility to do both, but best will probably always be James Richardson. Durham seems to think the job of a presenter is to spout out nonsense as though it's gospel, although I'm probably giving him too much credit. His orders from the devil below are to say anything so long as it's "controversial" in order to wind up and subsequently get gullible fans to phone/text in and spend their money. I guess he's doing his job correctly. Just a shame people still take the bait after all these years.

Durham is a carnie saying deliberately controversial things so people call up and get annoyed about it, making the radio station money

I doubt he believes 95% of what he says on the radio

Samuel Eto'o was boss.

I was in the uk for my sisters wedding and managed to get to the Wolfsburg match... when he came on the was a bit like Rooney... as in you could see technically he was head and shoulders above anyone else ... great touch and vision and new when and how to pick a pass.. must have been quality to watch in his Barcelona days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back