Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turn him over to the hands of the law !

th

Wow, have they lifted content from here without accreditation?

Anyway, please don't link that publication on here;

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/please-read-copyright-infringement.87368/

Blues,

I've had an email today from the legal department of The Mirror, concerning copyright infringement relating to our members copying and pasting their articles on the forum.

As such, we're now having to enforce a ban on anything referencing The Mirror.

Please do not post or reference this publication in any capacity. We'll be using software to monitor any instance of The Mirror and instantly removing.

Thanks for your presumed understanding.

Thanks

Well now we know their inside sources I for one am bitterly disappointed. :p

Have to add @larbert toffee into this too.

Thanks for the honourable mention Bins fame at last eh? seriously though the rubbish I contribute on here is intended to be for the exclusive reading of the good GOT lids on here, I cannot believe The Mirror has the neck to lift direct quotes from here without permission of either the authors or GOT then pulls us up for posting links. I for one am not impressed,Robert Maxwell would be so proud of them.

Thanks for the honourable mention Bins fame at last eh? seriously though the rubbish I contribute on here is intended to be for the exclusive reading of the good GOT lids on here, I cannot believe The Mirror has the neck to lift direct quotes from here without permission of either the authors or GOT then pulls us up for posting links. I for one am not impressed,Robert Maxwell would be so proud of them.

Exactly, and the fact it comes under the banner of fans fuming. I found the whole situation nothing but hilarious...

The Rooney signing was made to appease the "lost puppy" portion of the fan-base that were yearning for the return of the prodigal son. My problem with him is that he doesn't have what it takes to hold down the CAM position, but he will play that position every night because our fan base and Koeman refuse to acknowledge the negative impact he has on the team overall.

He takes up one of the most vital positions in the game, but he doesn't impose himself on the game nearly enough and he can't carry the ball up field as well as our ex CAM Barkley. Sure, Barkley had flaws... plenty of them. Barkley was on the ball so much that you had to notice every mistake he made. Statistically he was actually quite brilliant (not counting goals and assists), and that wasn't because of his decision making, but he was able to command the respect of defenders and create enough space for himself to make the easy pass. Rooney always seems to be under pressure because he isn't physically imposing enough to create enough space for himself or demand respect from the defenders. We don't have enough movement to play to his biggest strength either, which is his ability to play the long through ball.

Overall, he isn't a bad player. He has a very good right foot (albeit he is very one-footed), and he can pick out a pass. If he had the ability to defend at all, I would put him at a deep position as he can play quarterback with the best of them. He cannot take up the position he does though. If people slaughtered Barkley for the myriad of mistakes he made, you have to criticize Rooney for the lack of impact he has on games. 2 goals out of 5 games for the team is not nearly good enough. 2 games with 0 shots on target is not good enough. He is a creator that has created next to nothing. 1 really good goal and another that any competent attacking player would have scored... I need more from him if he is going to be our general

On a side note, I will say that Koeman hasn't helped him or anyone else. Maybe if Koeman played with a better lineup, you would see a more imposing Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back