Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is his going deep to collect the ball that was starting to make things happen.
If he has to come to the halfway line we need to rethink who is playing in midfield. he needs to be receiving the ball at his feet in dangerous positions in my opinion.

If he has to come to the halfway line we need to rethink who is playing in midfield. he needs to be receiving the ball at his feet in dangerous positions in my opinion.

I think that also is down to the opposition, It was the same with Ross last season. They compress the space and push the most dangerous players further and further back

I've got to say lads this is exactly what I hoped Wayne would do for us at his current age. He seemed to be involved in everything and for me was a standout player today. If we can get this sort of performance or better out of him each week then it's simply up to the the rest of the squad to get to that level.

He also looked decent for the 90 which surprised me.

Well done Wayne, good performance today for the blues..

Never imagined I'd be posting that haha...
The thing is we know he has the ability to play like that but how often will he be able to do it and will he be anywhere near as good if playing on a Thursday and a Sunday?

That will only be answered in time but it might be fun finding out.

Looked for the ball to feet from players behind him. Turned around to face the opposition goal. Looked up. Looked forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back