Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should have thrown Seamus on too.

You know, another unfit player.
We've struggled for goals.
A lad who is our top goalscorer is declared medically fit on the eve of the game.
Are you saying you'd have preferred another option over including him in the hope he had a piece if genius in him?

Go back further to my original posts was what i meant where i said he was off the pace and anonymous.

You asked me if I'd have played him since he was declared fit, i agreed.

Toffeejack made it sound like he'd crawled out of his bed heroically to get on the pitch sick as a dog.

Anything else ?
All I read was you saying 'if Rooney was too sick he shouldn't have played'.
The reality is though that if your best player is passed fit, you're gonna risk him regardless of the risk that he might be rusty.
He played, he wasn't great. The alternative would have been having someone else on the bench who doesn't have the ability to create something.

Starting McCarthy ahead of him was baffling. Totally negative selection from Sam.
Maybe he wasn't fit to start?
And why do the two have to be linked? I.e. Why does McCarthy have to play ahead of him? Why can't Rooney not have been fit leaving a CM spot. McCarthy was fit, needs minutes and could press Bournemouth.
?

At fault for the first goal.

He's a liability. Mourinho laughing his head off back down to Manc tonight.

At fault for what? Losing possession on the edge of the opponents box?

Needlessly gave the ball away with no pressure leading to their counter attack? Davies and Vlasic were so far up which leaving massive space for them on the edge of the area. And they scored even Williams tried to block it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back