Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needlessly gave the ball away with no pressure leading to their counter attack? Davies and Vlasic were so far up which leaving massive space for them on the edge of the area. And they scored even Williams tried to block it.

But that's a coaching issue isn't it? Ensuring that a team mate plugs a gap made by an advancing midfielder?

The best example of this is City who make it impossible for teams to counter attack them because of their shape.

In the goal we lost possession and allowed Utd to advance from centre to left to centre without anyone putting a foot in.

Erm did you watch the game?

No mate.

But that's a coaching issue isn't it? Ensuring that a team mate plugs a gap made by an advancing midfielder?

The best example of this is City who make it impossible for teams to counter attack them because of their shape.

In the goal we lost possession and allowed Utd to advance from centre to left to centre without anyone putting a foot in.

No mate.

For me, the problem is that he gave away the ball without pressure. And he swiched off completely today. Man United have pacy players to make counter attack even more effective while some of our players just jogged back.

Like McCarthy against Bournemouth, superb assist by Wayne for United today.

In the usual way under Sam, we just normally hoofed the ball up front. It's getting odd these players were trying to pass more in the last 2 matches. I assume it just does not work under Sam's system.

Wayne had a nightmare today.

Pretty much everything was going through him so he was bound to make a mistake or two, but he gave it away like 7 times it was horrible.

Credit to him for actually being arsed though and trying to play the role pulling all the strings, even if he had a poor game overall.

He’s just one player.

I think it's crazy, unless there was an injury, that Sig didn't play given he and Rooney are in the infancy of their partnership.

We had noone in the team who could stay high and hold the ball. We just had Niasse...well... I have no idea what he was doing.

I've been one of his biggest critics but he's about the only player in the team who can pass forwards. Wasn't great today but he was up against players who are unfortunately far better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back