Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's being paid like a top player, which is why people are disappointed that he's the furthest thing from being one.

£150k a week to look half-decent in the type of home games that Everton have been winning comfortably since Smith left.

I wonder if we could tempt Carrick to play centre-half here next season. I know he's no longer fit for purpose at a real team, but what a thrill it it would be to see him pass out from the back against Huddersfield.

Double figures for the season isn't he? Not to mention a hattrick in the game that essentially changed where our season was going (down down down). Plus he is surrounded by dreadful midfield partners.

Think he's been a miracle worker myself.

That's handy, there are 10-12 weaker teams in the league so he'll be boss 20-24 games a season, about 12x the amount Davies will manage
Consider him starting again next year as the starting CM against Liverpool.Awful thought.

But if you're happy watching him waltzed past by the likes of Milner, then hack him down before misplacing 10 5 yard passes then fill your boots.

I haven't seen anyone advocating the inclusion of Rooney in every starting 11 regardless of opposition. He struggles against the better teams with the wall whipping round him, usually against 3 CMs.

Against every other team since he's gone to CM, he's been the best player on the pitch.

So why isn't he worthy of a place?

Baffling.
The issue seems to be that he wants to and thinks he can dictate games at CM against top 6 teams.

If he's happy sitting on the bench and being used as a player in rotation then great. But paying him £150k per week to only be useful against the likes of Brighton and West Brom seems a waste of money and development of others.

Double figures for the season isn't he? Not to mention a hattrick in the game that essentially changed where our season was going (down down down). Plus he is surrounded by dreadful midfield partners.

Think he's been a miracle worker myself.

Clinging to something that just isn't there. Yeah he's popped up with a few goals and fair play to him for that but the overall play is so detrimental to the team that literally every single football fan can see it apart from a bunch of Evertonians who are blinded by the romance of it all.

England and United tried him in centre mid. They thought he could play the Scholes role. They quickly realised he couldn't. It's over.

Watching Rooney yesterday was thinking about watching Ronaldo in the week , I think ronaldo is older and they were basically the same level a few years ago .you know know ronaldo is weighing out his food and working out the calorific intake whilst Rooney is drinking pints, smoking ciggies and getting nicked drink driving . that’s why ronaldo is winning ballon d’or’s & scoring bicycle kicks in the champions lge and Rooney is getting hooked off after strolling around a struggling Everton midfield.

Watching Rooney yesterday was thinking about watching Ronaldo in the week , I think ronaldo is older and they were basically the same level a few years ago .you know know ronaldo is weighing out his food and working out the calorific intake whilst Rooney is drinking pints, smoking ciggies and getting nicked drink driving . that’s why ronaldo is winning ballon d’or’s & scoring bicycle kicks in the champions lge and Rooney is getting hooked off after strolling around a struggling Everton midfield.

Perfectly summarized.
Romantic though it might have seemed to Kenwright at the time, we should never have allowed Rooney back. Small-tme club move. Most serious utd fans will tell you he was finished a couple of years back.

The footballing Ricky Hatton

Clinging to something that just isn't there. Yeah he's popped up with a few goals and fair play to him for that but the overall play is so detrimental to the team that literally every single football fan can see it apart from a bunch of Evertonians who are blinded by the romance of it all.

England and United tried him in centre mid. They thought he could play the Scholes role. They quickly realised he couldn't. It's over.
He hasn't scored a goal or created an assist as our starting CM. All his goals came while he was playing further forward. 3 of which were penalties.

He hasn't scored in 2018, which, coincidentally is when he moved to a deeper role.

There is a reason one plays for Real Madrid and one plays for Everton.

They weren't ever really at the same level, Ronaldo always better. The only reason they were even close was because Rooney peaked at about 23 and Ronaldo still had massive scope for improvement which he fulfilled

He's orchestrating it from deep but with no options ahead or next to him

'Orchestrating it from deep'??????????

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense and blind to the facts. He does nothing of the sort.

Tell me one notable piece of 'orchestration' he has done this year?

He struggles to orchestrate one foot to the other and is a complete waste of space.

No other team in this division would tolerate him - never mind have brought him back and given him £150,000 a week

£150,000 A WEEK. We are a laughing stock.

Rooney was terrible yesterday and it had nothing to do with the other players in the team

No mate. He has never been terrible once this season and has controlled every single game because he's a world class god of football and would still walk into that United team that's improved immeasurably since binning him. We should feel indebted to him for being our best player and standing out above everyone else as our leading scorer with 1 in 4 and should name a stand after him for sacrificing everything to come and rescue his boyhood club at this stage of his career. What a player, absolutely breathtaking to see him representing our famous club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back