Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He loves to play football I suppose, he knows he only has a couple of years left so doesn't want to be a bit part player and I think he's realised in the last half a year he wouldn't be able to play week in week out in a top league, but just wants to play week in week out, regardless of where it is.

I hope we keep him around as he'd be useful especially around the dressing room for big games etc.

Players that should be sold before him (if we're worried about freeing wages):

Robles, Martina, Pennington, Galloway, Williams, Jagielka, mangala, browning, garbutt, besic, schneiderlin, Mccarthy, Bolasie, mirallas, Sandro, tarashaj, henen, baxter, Byrne.

I mean we could offload all of them (maybe add Klaassen to the list too) and buy just four or five and our squad will be perfectly balanced. Look how many players on that list are over 21 and don't have a chance at playing for us. Only three of the actually feature regularly atm.

How can we sell Mangala?

I said before the season that double figures would be a good return for Wayne this season. He's got there, so his return has certainly not been a disaster.

The major concern is how much discrepancy there has been between his performances either side of Christmas. It looks like he got a short term boost off the novelty and buzz of being back enjoying his football again. But sadly the toll of this season caught up with him and he has been extremely poor since January.

I'm not fussed either way if he stays or goes. He could be a useful bit part player for another year who will bag half a dozen important goals. But equally if we can get better in instead then that would probably be better moving forward.

He gave us the 2 best moments of this garbage season. Just a shame there were so few.

He loves to play football I suppose, he knows he only has a couple of years left so doesn't want to be a bit part player and I think he's realised in the last half a year he wouldn't be able to play week in week out in a top league, but just wants to play week in week out, regardless of where it is.

I hope we keep him around as he'd be useful especially around the dressing room for big games etc.

Robles, Martina, Pennington, Galloway, Williams, Jagielka, mangala, browning, garbutt, besic, schneiderlin, Mccarthy, Bolasie, mirallas, Sandro, tarashaj, henen, baxter, Byrne.

I mean we could offload all of them (maybe add Klaassen to the list too) and buy just four or five and our squad will be perfectly balanced. Look how many players on that list are over 21 and don't have a chance at playing for us. Only three of the actually feature regularly atm.
Disagree, he becomes poison when he's not getting his way, was the same at Utd and now it's started here.

At least 5 on your list are out of contract or not our players so won't be costing wages anyway

I wasn't happy with his return to the club, I thought it was a backward step, however the did turn up trumps at times over the darks times we are going through. However I hope we are about to have a clear out and herald in a new era, I don't think Rooney suits this we dawn I am hoping for. Once Allardyce is gone it is time to lift our heads once again and dream of a better future. Rooney is part of our past, time for new success stories to be written.
I am getting a bit euphoric at the thought of this season being over and Fat Sam and Co. slinging their collective hook.

Just showing clips of Rooney early season to Christmas further forward looks much better

Is it Sam or is it Wayne? Hmm

Wayne has three kids that all begin with the letter K. He’s moving to Washington, home of Donald J Trump.

Make of THAT what you will.

While I agree with most your points what annoys me most is asking for assurances on his place to stay.
If he doesn't think he's good enough he should go.

All players you listed should probably move along, a lot of deadwood in our sqaud

Wayne has three kids that all begin with the letter K. He’s moving to Washington, home of Donald J Trump.

Make of THAT what you will.

The illuminati rumours are false IMO. I know Wayne has a lot of money, but I'm not sure it is enough for him to become involved with the Rothchilds etc.

I think Wayne believed that by coming back to Everton, it would mean that his name would be the first on the team sheet every weekend. He either didn't think much of Everton in the first place or he was in denial regarding just how much his legs have gone. I'd say it's likely to be a bit of both.

I was happy when he came back for all those sentimental reasons. I'm equally happy that he is now going because we seriously need to get a grip as a football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back