We are better than Liverpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015%2B-%2B1

Sniff it kneejerkers.

They have their own issues but I know if we turn up with a similar starting XI at Anfield it will be another bloodbath.

It won't be as bad as last year (nothing could be) but Baines, Barry, Mori and Williams are all accidents waiting to happen and cannot cope with high intensity pressing.

Sadly at this moment no the league doesn't lie today's preformnce pretty much confirms we're best team in the 2nd league in the prem no such thing as top 4 anymore it's more like top 6 and we're not quite ready to break into that yet

Our backline is equally as calamitous, our midfield is reasonably competitive and our forwards aside from Rom are not great. So no we aren't but we also have the pieces to be closer with a good summer

We are still looking as capable of an unexpected loss/draw in any given game, or even a poor run, as we are of turning in a boss performance. I don't see any major corners turned yet when it comes to Everton being Everton. Long way off yet.

Happy currently about Lookman and Davies but both are very young and green and could easily dip in form and be bench material come season end. And it'd be no disgrace given the size of the step up made. Love Rom and Ross but both still capable of playing poorly tomorrow and in plenty games before end of season.

This is a horrific thread saved ONLY by some fantastic monkey business and classic GOT.

Never mind comparing us to those above, get your head straight and see we are still Everton. Sometimes great, sometimes good, sometimes average, sometimes crap. Hopefully gonna change soon, but right now? Nah. Not the time for tooting our horn.

bumping my own post also

it's great to get fully behind a manager and get excited as a fan when times are good, but the reality is we are somewhere in between the 4-0 against City and the dismal 1-1 home draw against a then awful Swansea.

I still see a decent Everton with some hints of promise for the future, and a manager that seems decent but I am still not sure will be anything more than just ok for us.

I'm gonna stick with my prediction that it will be the next manager that really takes the opportunity here and wins us a trophy and gets us top 4.

Only thing going in our favour at the moment is that the RS struggle against teams who park the bus against them.

That hasn't helped the last 20 Everton teams in derbies who've tried everything in the book, including stifling space, rough house tactics against their gifted players and so on. I think it will take some world class acquisitions in the summer window to give us a chance of closing the gap.

But let's not fixate with them, they don't with us. The bigger picture is closing the gap with the 'top 6' in general.

We will always be head and shoulders above them.

Whatever either club does we will NEVER have the shame of what they did in 85.

It's sport at the end of the day, and we as a club do more for our shared community.

On field success will come eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back