Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Weird Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dreamed a while ago, that I was being watched by "spy squirrels" as I went about my daily business. Then I was all of a sudden explaining the intricacies of Autobahn driving to a small class of spiders, while the rest of the world turned into human sized, bipedal frogs, and I was the only human left in the planet.

I was not under the influence of anything btw.

I had a weird dream about someone's avatar the other night. It wasn't their usual avatar but was just their name in a bold font. The name had been scribbled out and, in small text below it, it had "xxx Chico" written.

I'm taking this as a premonition of Chico being made a mod and then testing the ban hammer out. It's also a sign that I need to get out more.

been having this thing for a while now happens alot

fall asleep fall in to like some dream state but still awake
can actually feel/see/hear things it's like im on another planet but know it's dreaming
sometimes cant breath or move when it happens ive googled

its either [ sleep apnea , astral projection? sleep paralysis, lucid dream?
i havent got a clue what they are or im just scitzo but it's scary anyone know?

been having this thing for a while now happens alot

fall asleep fall in to like some dream state but still awake
can actually feel/see/hear things it's like im on another planet but know it's dreaming
sometimes cant breath or move when it happens ive googled

its either [ sleep apnea , astral projection? sleep paralysis, lucid dream?
i havent got a clue what they are or im just scitzo but it's scary anyone know?

sounds like lucid dreaming mate, you are asleep, but feel alert and conscious of your environment (which is subject to the usual surreal nature of dreaming)?, sleep paralysis is default when humans sleep (it prevents the body acting out whatever is occurring in the dream, a safeguard to falling out of our tree or attracting predators during those evolutionary steps, kicking the missus whilst scoring the winner at anfield and the likes, etc, it's frightening to you because your actually 'awake within the dream' so I wouldn't worry about that (it's actually the small minority of people who don't go into paralysis that should be worried, waking up with dislocated arms and all sorts)... apparently you can kind of train yourself to realize you are dreaming and take control of the unfolding dream.... like flying like a bird or going into space, or more probably making a beeline to Sasha Grey's bedroom and stuff!!!... read a bit about it back in uni, astral projection is pseudo science so forget about that rubbish, sleep apnea probably require a trip to the doctor cause thats fairly serious

sounds like lucid dreaming mate, you are asleep, but feel alert and conscious of your environment (which is subject to the usual surreal nature of dreaming)?, sleep paralysis is default when humans sleep (it prevents the body acting out whatever is occurring in the dream, a safeguard to falling out of our tree or attracting predators during those evolutionary steps, kicking the missus whilst scoring the winner at anfield and the likes, etc, it's frightening to you because your actually 'awake within the dream' so I wouldn't worry about that (it's actually the small minority of people who don't go into paralysis that should be worried, waking up with dislocated arms and all sorts)... apparently you can kind of train yourself to realize you are dreaming and take control of the unfolding dream.... like flying like a bird or going into space, or more probably making a beeline to Sasha Grey's bedroom and stuff!!!... read a bit about it back in uni, astral projection is pseudo science so forget about that rubbish, sleep apnea probably require a trip to the doctor cause thats fairly serious

nice one, and yeah that flying stuff to be honest i didn't want to say id feel mad
saying it to the docs but sometimes you can see yourself there + go out of body that happens
regulary too it was scary at first used to it now but when i wake up, fall asleep again
i fall asleep back in to it. it could be all night sometimes i dont get it ? or feels like
then other times that dosent happen body just freezes so cant move?

id feel mad telling someone in real probs get sectioned haha

nice one, and yeah that flying stuff to be honest i didn't want to say id feel mad
saying it to the docs but sometimes you can see yourself there + go out of body that happens
regulary too it was scary at first used to it now but when i wake up, fall asleep again
i fall asleep back in to it. it could be all night sometimes i dont get it ? or feels like
then other times that dosent happen body just freezes so cant move?

id feel mad telling someone in real probs get sectioned haha

I'd read up some more about lucid dreaming if I were you, there are as I mentioned little things you can learn to do, breathing exercises and that, so when your in that dream state you remember to do your breathing exercise and that creates a recognition response so you know your just dreaming. but if you reckon you may have sleep apnea, you should defo mention it to a doc, they have masks that ensure your airways are open and stuff...

Just had a dream where I was alone in a really long hangar. It was poorly lit and only had overhanging floodlights, and at the far end there were a bunch of crates next to a helicopter. I start walking towards it but all of the lights started shutting off one-by-one from the opposite end. When the light above me shut off I felt something strangle me and woke up and still felt it.

Still weirded out by it. I need to not take NyQuil.

Just had a dream where I was alone in a really long hangar. It was poorly lit and only had overhanging floodlights, and at the far end there were a bunch of crates next to a helicopter. I start walking towards it but all of the lights started shutting off one-by-one from the opposite end. When the light above me shut off I felt something strangle me and woke up and still felt it.

Still weirded out by it. I need to not take NyQuil.
Is the snow very bad mate you shall just stay in doors,

Is the snow very bad mate you shall just stay in doors,
Yeah. The Metro (our underground) is shut down for the weekend and the roads are too bad to risk it. There are a lot of things within walking distance if I start to lose my mind indoors (if they're open). Otherwise I am just chilling, reading, and watching soccer and the NFL.

Yeah. The Metro (our underground) is shut down for the weekend and the roads are too bad to risk it. There are a lot of things within walking distance if I start to lose my mind indoors (if they're open). Otherwise I am just chilling, reading, and watching soccer and the NFL.
I don't blame you keep in the nice and warm stay safe mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back