weird things that happened during the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was Villa at home , 98ish , we were rubbish and midway through the second half some lad strolled onto the pitch from the Park end (got to the centre circle) and gave the ref loads
Straight past the stewards and police , very weird

mrtesticlesateverton20.png

1960s derby at Goodison Ian St John was given a banana by the blues fans and Gordon West was presented with a handbag by the reds.
Everyone laughed that was when the rivalry was just good natured banter before Emlyn Hughes ruined it.

I remeber my dad telling me a story about a game at Bolton in the 60s, when the fog came down so thick the ref stopped the game for a bit but Gordon West hadnt realised, and stayed in goal for a few mins thinking play was going on down the other end but he couldnt see that far

In the 80's fans went through a phase of lobbing rolls of toilet tissue onto pitches and and doing the whole ooooooooohoooooooooooooh bullshit ahhhh when a goalkeeper took a goalkick

Not really weird, and I can't remember which game it was but some old boy was doing a very slow lap of honour for a charity walk or something. Anyway, he went down injured in front of the Street End, pulled a hammy I think. and had to be carried off

Was there a lad who jumped down from the Upper Street End and then ran on the pitch or was that just me making it up and it's stuck with me since I was about 8?

Can't remember the game but does anyone remember years ago Hinchcliffe going to take a freekick with a pigeon sat next to him? He went to shoo it away with his boot and it ended up flying straight into the Gwladys Street goal :p

Was there a lad who jumped down from the Upper Street End and then ran on the pitch or was that just me making it up and it's stuck with me since I was about 8?

Fairly sure you'd at least break both legs, so I can't see that.

I can't remember which match it was, but the lads who stretch and wave the big flag in the centre circle as the teams come out. One of them wasn't watching where he was standing and managed to get thrown into the air by the others. Best pre-match entertainment I can remember.

Joseph Yobo trying to put his boot back on and not looking at what was happening in front of him and then Charlton scoring with him looking at the ground was pretty weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.