Well Done Lads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle will have Europe next season and therefore have a rubbish PL campaign - nailed on. Liverpool wont have a worse one than this, so they cancel each other out. The Stokes and Fulhams of this world we can still hold off (just).

It's been this way for a few seasons now and I cant see it fundamentally changing. The league table is pretty much set in stone. If Everton start well first half of the season, expectation will be too heavy to sustain a top 5/6 place. If we start slow again we'll recover.

We need to break this cycle because it's killing us.

personally think Sunderland and Fulham will improve a lot next season.

As for us...it'll be till after the window shuts when I decide where I think well end up

Predictions for next year?

Can see Man U winning the league, Spurs losing Bale and Modric and falling to midtable, Liverpoo not getting Europe AGAIN and Blackpool getting in Europe ;)

Even though I have been on the Caffreys all day and feel like I am about to sh1t my trousers I am still stable enough to know that we will not be in a position to finish fourth next season c'mon ffs are you telling me that we could realistically fi'nish fourth or have they been serving something in the Chang at Goodison today I personally think we will be lucky with 6th next year unless koff bill does koff this week and a feckin rich arab comes in, which would be sweet but c'mon top 4 next year doubt it lids and im as pissed as the goat!

There's nothing absurd about it. Have you seen the squads that stayed up this season?

Exactly. How Wigan, QPR and even Aston Villa stay in the league is because there were 3 worse teams than them, they all deserve to be relegated.

We'd survive for a bit. Hell of a risky thing to do though, especially if you're trying to market Everton to sell when they're not really for sale.

Sell £50M worth of talent; wipe out the bulk of debt; put the club up for sale and hope an enterprsing owner comes up with the cash to pay the ransom money Kenwright demands for his and his co-conspirators shares.

That's a plan better than the one we have in place now.

Sometimes I think this might be the best route! Even if we didn't clear the debt, we could conceivably sell 4 players for £60/70mil and give it to Moyes. The one real top drawer ability he has is to find good to great players at knockdown prices. Tell him he can have £50mil of it, but the board will only sanction one purchase over 6/7mil... Use the rest to pay off some more debt.

Obvs this is just fantasy, but atm is there a realistic way for us to get out of this 'rut'??

But back to the topic: Think the team did well to finish 7th considering where we were, but at the end of the day that is only fulfilling expectations, and we should have been closer to a seriously underperforming Chelsea squad. We've had some really good oportunities this year which have been thrown away. Next year anything less than seriously challenging for 5/6th would be a failure to me, assuming there isn't major disruption to the squad...

We need to iron out this 'slow start' nonsense, we've all said it 100 times. Moyes, get the lads playing nice football like we have for the 2nd half of the season and we'll go far. It's not ridiculous to say that we could get 5th, 5th may be too far with all the money the other clubs have, but we'll see. Some of the footy in the first half against Newcastle was like a scouse Barcelona.

COYB.

If you'd told me after the summer transfer window that we'd finish 7th, 4 points above the shoite, reach a cup semi final, bring back Pienaar, sign a proven and exceptional goalscorer, buy a midfielder who would be a rock in the centre of the park for half a million, get rid of Bily and King Louis, beat City, draw 4-4 with United at Old Trafford after being behind twice, beat Chelsea and Spurs, I would have told you to stop talking out your backside.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still gutted about the 2 derby and cup semi defeats, but that's far better than most of us predicted at the start...far far better. Well in lads, COYB!

I predicted lowly old Everton would finish 13th, what a season.

Incredibly lucky to have Moyes in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.