Wembley , The RS , Hillsborough and #JFT96 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said mate.

I'd love us to unite. If only for one day. We are football fans, and should have a common passion. If nothing else, a passion for humanity.

Brilliant words.

*stands and applauds*

top post LCAB

I agree, however I do know fact that if we get another "Clive Thomas" moment, or a screeching dive from Stevie G Laaah then there will be a break out of angry Evertonians singing whatever they want.

Great post.

Quality and so true! Listen up people. Rivalry and respect - not ignorance and hatred!

Belter post mate

They are [Poor language removed]. Always will be.
I hate them. Always will do.
But this will not stop me from respecting those who died.

Nice one .

ALL of Yous .

Anyone whom knows me KNOWS I DO NOT DO THEM ..

But THIS IS DIFFERENT ...

#FACTOTUM

This actually brought a tear to my eye to be honest LCAB lad.

We should know better that when we turn on each other like we have been doin in recent years, "The man" (and by the man, I mean everyone who hates what Scousers are, what we stand for) wins, and we hurt only ourselves.

Whoever wins the game matters less. I don't subscribe to Shankly's view that football is more important than life or death. 96 people died. 96 men, women and children. 96 Merseysiders. Never forget that. Soiling an atmosphere to get some egotistical "upper hand" is soiling the club, our reputation, and perhaps more importantly, the memory of the dead.

This actually brought a tear to my eye to be honest LCAB lad.

We should know better that when we turn on each other like we have been doin in recent years, "The man" (and by the man, I mean everyone who hates what Scousers are, what we stand for) wins, and we hurt only ourselves.

Whoever wins the game matters less. I don't subscribe to Shankly's view that football is more important than life or death. 96 people died. 96 men, women and children. 96 Merseysiders. Never forget that. Soiling an atmosphere to get some egotistical "upper hand" is soiling the club, our reputation, and perhaps more importantly, the memory of the dead.

Thank You , Dude .

All very laudable sentiments.

Pity the mutual respect is not reflected in their behaviour on the pitch. in recent years.

If we are to have any chance of reversing the historical trend, they will have to be our WORST ENEMY for the duration of the 90/120 minutes, both on and off the pitch. That doesn't mean singing songs about murderers, but neither does it mean taking part in some sort of mutual love-in.

If we do that there is a chance of US getting some sort of justice for all the wrongs that we have incurred against them over the years.

Ive had many a conversation with rival fans about us and the RS, and to a man, they just don't understand how we have been able to stand next to them in unity when these fortunately rare things happen in football. Can anyone seriously imagine the mancs, Glaswegians, londoners, geordies and Mackems supporting one another like we do. It just wouldn't happen, not on such a mass scale. Merseyside is the paradox of great football rivalries, we hate each other, but when it really matters, we KNOW that football is the one thing that doesn't matter.

Let's be proud of who we are, and where we come from at Wembley. We want our team to win honest and win well, so let's do the same as fans. COYB.

Good stuff LCAB, I'm glad it's been said.

Had the radio on coming back from work and 'With A Little Help From My Friends' came on...for a short moment I had visions of an alternating chorus between blues and reds. Then I came to my senses.

All very laudable sentiments.

Pity the mutual respect is not reflected in their behaviour on the pitch. in recent years.

If we are to have any chance of reversing the historical trend, they will have to be our WORST ENEMY for the duration of the 90/120 minutes, both on and off the pitch. That doesn't mean singing songs about murderers, but neither does it mean taking part in some sort of mutual love-in.

If we do that there is a chance of US getting some sort of justice for all the wrongs that we have incurred against them over the years.

Again , NOT THE ISSUE .

Without doubt CORRECT BUT NOT THE POINT HERE , Lad .

Ive had many a conversation with rival fans about us and the RS, and to a man, they just don't understand how we have been able to stand next to them in unity when these fortunately rare things happen in football. Can anyone seriously imagine the mancs, Glaswegians, londoners, geordies and Mackems supporting one another like we do. It just wouldn't happen, not on such a mass scale. Merseyside is the paradox of great football rivalries, we hate each other, but when it really matters, we KNOW that football is the one thing that doesn't matter.

Let's be proud of who we are, and where we come from at Wembley. We want our team to win honest and win well, so let's do the same as fans. COYB.

Good stuff LCAB, I'm glad it's been said.

Nice one , lads .

They do my head in but they're my family and mates.

Problem is the internet has turned footballing rivalries into a how high can you piss content when it comes to insults.

That said they're dirty cheating spawny two faced bastards, but were from the same womb and our mar is boss. When the media, the authorities or the country turn on one then they turn on us all.

I won't be doing MERSEYSIDE, MERSEYSIDE, MERSEYSIDE as I only want Everton to win and win well but I'll be taking pride in the city showing the rest of the world how's it done. Thus ever was.

Well said LCAB lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.