Wembley , The RS , Hillsborough and #JFT96 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do my head in but they're my family and mates.

Problem is the internet has turned footballing rivalries into a how high can you piss content when it comes to insults.

That said they're dirty cheating spawny two faced bastards, but were from the same womb and our mar is boss. When the media, the authorities or the country turn on one then they turn on us all.

I won't be doing MERSEYSIDE, MERSEYSIDE, MERSEYSIDE as I only want Everton to win and win well but I'll be taking pride in the city showing the rest of the world how's it done. Thus ever was.

Well said LCAB lid.

Cheers , Mucka .

They do my head in but they're my family and mates.

Problem is the internet has turned footballing rivalries into a how high can you piss content when it comes to insults.

That said they're dirty cheating spawny two faced bastards, but were from the same womb and our mar is boss. When the media, the authorities or the country turn on one then they turn on us all.

I won't be doing MERSEYSIDE, MERSEYSIDE, MERSEYSIDE as I only want Everton to win and win well but I'll be taking pride in the city showing the rest of the world how's it done. Thus ever was.

Well said LCAB lid.

To be fair, your mar is pretty boss.

No , Kid . as I noted , its more on their part . OURS is more of a Parochial thing ,.. Tit-For_Tat .. No less Brain-Dead for that though ...

Back on topic

Aye fair one. I think it all stems from how you were raised. My dad raised me to treat them as an enemy but to respect thine enemy as it were.

Plus, the Rhys Jones thing. Nice touch from them. So it's a yes from me on JFT96

Dont take this the wrong way, but that SF is not the venue for the Hillsborough stuff to be aired. There's a competitive game going on that day and the anniversary falls the day after. If people in the outside world dont *get* that 99.9999% of Everton fans have supported to the hilt the Justice campaign then they're not worth worrying about.

Great post. I agree wholeheartedly with most of it. But I do believe that the reason the derby has got so bad is largely to do with their foreign legions not having a clue about the history or indeed the comradery between the two clubs. As soon as southern liverpool fans find out I'm an evertonian you can see there faces drop- most of the time.

One thing I didn't get is what the '[Phrase removed]' and 'murderers' chants come into it. They arn't anything to do with Hillsboro. They are about the other thing that happened that they repeatedly brush under the carpet. And not just deny it, they use it as a weapon to take the piss out of us. What was that 'steaua 86' banner they had? And at the derby this year I saw a couple of them doing a wall pushing gesture and laughing, one of them had his toddler asleep on his shoulder. Chanting 'murderers' isn't my thing. I tried it once at both derbies this year and both times realised it wasn't for me. But I don't think its 'disgusting' when people do it. If Liverpool and its fans didn't act the way they act towards our club, its fans and their attitude to the whole thing then these chants wouldn't happen.

Dont take this the wrong way, but that SF is not the venue for the Hillsborough stuff to be aired. There's a competitive game going on that day and the anniversary falls the day after. If people in the outside world dont *get* that 99.9999% of Everton fans have supported to the hilt the Justice campaign then they're not worth worrying about.

Again , Fair Comment , BUT The World s Watching .

All's I'm Sayin' ...

Great post.

One thing I didn't get is what the '[Phrase removed]' and 'murderers' chants come into it. They arn't anything to do with Hillsboro. They are about the other thing that happened that they repeatedly brush under the carpet. And not just deny it, they use it as a weapon to take the piss out of us. What was that 'steaua 86' banner they had? And at the derby this year I saw a couple of them doing a wall pushing gesture and laughing, one of them had his toddler asleep on his shoulder. Chanting 'murderers' isn't my thing. I tried it once at both derbies this year and both times realised it wasn't for me. But I don't think its 'disgusting' when people do it. If Liverpool and its fans didn't act the way they act towards our club, its fans and their attitude to the whole thing then these chants wouldn't happen.

Cheers , lid .

An' yeah ...

Justice for the 96? Yes.

Let them brush the murder of 39 people under the carpet in order to uphold their squeaky clean image? No.

it will be good for the kids of both clubs to see fans unite for a brief moment and at the very least it makes them aware of the tragedy and ensures no lost soul is forgotten even after all these years.so if its in memorium i agree , if its some kind of protest though , then i dont . its not the time place or occasion for anger and hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.