Match Thread West Ham United v Everton - Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better second half performance. Wish Dyche would be more proactive with substitutions, think we would have scored a second if McNeil had been subbed for Danjuma, and Dom had come off for Chermiti or Beto slightly sooner.
I didn’t think the 1st half performance was that bad. A bit more quality in their final 1/3 and we could easily have been 1 up at half time. Agree about needing subs on earlier though.

I said the same a few days ago. Laughed off the forum.

Branthwaite and Onana sensational players.

Both dominated again in their positions.

Onana ive always been a fan of and said without Gana he'd come into his own.

Branthwaite before he went to PSV looked like he had all the tools...went there and was class...

So many fans didnt rate either. Now look at them.
We are not going to pay the higher wages that the minted clubs can afford, nor can we offer CL football, so they will want to move on at some point, so we should at least get our valuation of the player.

I didn’t think the 1st half performance was that bad. A bit more quality in their final 1/3 and we could easily have been 1 up at half time. Agree about needing subs on earlier though.

It wasn’t awful, but did leave a lot to be desired, and we really should have been one or two up at the break. Harrison in particular was wasteful in good positions.

We are not going to pay the higher wages that the minted clubs can afford, nor can we offer CL football, so they will want to move on at some point, so we should at least get our valuation of the player.

Weve got both Branthwaite and Onana under contract to 2027. With a one year extension option on Branthwaite.

By season end a priority would be to have both on new extensions to 2029.

Keep them both for the next two seasons while continuing to build a new young squad.

So when the eventually both move on weve got the most out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.