Match Thread West Ham v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big picture we looked pretty decent today. A worldie free kick against the run of play and a bad giveaway in midfield plus a terrible challenge for a second yellow. Much breeze performance overall, if we play like this for the rest of the season we will be fine

The problem is I’m not sure if our guys are up for it

Oh, I think they are.

They were well up for it today.

I have not said a word against Lampard so far but I feel he was wrong today, not playing our best player in Gorden from the start and even then bringing him on just 12 minutes from the end. I know DCL was not playing well but we were getting beat when he takes off a striker. I also Firmly believe that Patterson is not getting a look in because of what he said after the Scotland game last week.

An expected loss, so ''meh'. Played reasonably well I hear but 'Everton that'. It's at least an exciting end to the season....haven't said that since Bobby M's first year team beat Arsenal at GP (albeit the excitement fizzled out pretty quickly thereafter).

It's still not too late!

1648999112175.webp

Looking objectively without a knee-jerk over-the-top reaction: we were slightly improved overall but with some very poor and costly mistakes. Some players showed more desire in parts (Iwobi first half in particular), no great quality but mostly not as dire as recently until we went 2-1 down. Showed a little spirit to get one back but not enough belief to maintain it. Silly mistakes in our defensive 1/3 destroyed us. Really overall not good enough but not as disgusting as other performances in general. We can still pick up the required points to survive but it's gonna really take some luck (with injuries and suspensions in particular), commitment, better application - and most of all other teams doing no better themselves

Maybe we picked up our game a little. Did west Ham play bad because they never had 20 shots on target and 80% possession? We matched them but it is us that made the mistakes and couldn't take some gilt edge chances

Are they much better than us anyway? Man for man I'd say no they're just well drilled. Look like Moyes's Everton sides.

We were neck and neck with them most of last season.

Thought that was a harsh result and we deserved a point. I know Iwobi messed up but he was good with the ball going forward three times he played a through ball and the forward was in on goal and each time they failed to hit the target. No luck again Pickford makes the save and the ball could ricochet anywhere but it goes straight to the only opposition player in the box who doesn't even have to break stride similar to that goal against Palace when it the post and went straight to Zaha.

West Ham were poor I mean they barely crossed the halfway line playing against 10 men if we play like that from now on we will be fine, surely we will start to get the breaks hopefully starting on Wednesday.

Patterson should have been on the bench, has to be better than Kenny going forward at least.

…you’d think Kenny defended like Franco Baresi, the reality is he offers nothing at both ends of the pitch, he’s not composed in possession, he rarely crosses beyond the first defender, has no defensive powers of recovery, he doesn’t close attackers down & block crosses.

Amazing he gets so much game time, he must make a brilliant cup of tea.

Big picture we looked pretty decent today. A worldie free kick against the run of play and a bad giveaway in midfield plus a terrible challenge for a second yellow. Much breeze performance overall, if we play like this for the rest of the season we will be fine

The problem is I’m not sure if our guys are up for it
I think we were up for it although the rest i agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back