What are you currently listening to?

I`ve got one on my wall, got it professionally framed, got the Heaven Up Here cover framed too.

They used to tour and do gigs in mad places, that photo was taken when they toured Iceland.

The cover to the Shine So Hard EP, was a photo of a gig they did in a massive cavern in Derbyshire !
That's neat. They certainly like natural wonders!

Will Sergeant is an interesting guitarist to listen to. He released a memoir a few years back that I would like to read - have you read it?

Good band, but the name still leaves me scratching my head 😂

Will Sergeant is an interesting guitarist to listen to. He released a memoir a few years back that I would like to read - have you read it?

I’ve read Sergeants book.

It’s a really good read, but comes to a very abrupt halt just as they start to become famous, which I assume leaves room for a further book.

The name “ Echo “ is what they called their original drum machine.

No idea where Bunnymen comes from though !

What can I say, the Bunnymen to me are one of the best bands in the last 45 years, been a huge fan since I first heard "Pictures on the wall" 1979
"Heaven up Here" is a legendary album and one of the best of the 80's
but my own personal favourite is their comeback 1997 album Evergreen, controversial maybe but its flawless

totally love the 1990 release Reverberation too as it veered somewhat away from that unmistakable sound, Noel Burke brings something different

Andy is the King, I just have to disagree I really think its a one of the coolest band names ever

What can I say, the Bunnymen to me are one of the best bands in the last 45 years, been a huge fan since I first heard "Pictures on the wall" 1979
"Heaven up Here" is a legendary album and one of the best of the 80's
but my own personal favourite is their comeback 1997 album Evergreen, controversial maybe but its flawless

totally love the 1990 release Reverberation too as it veered somewhat away from that unmistakable sound, Noel Burke brings something different

Andy is the King, I just have to disagree I really think its a one of the coolest band names ever

I`ve seen many many gigs, but my all time favourite gig was when they did " A Crystal Day " at St Georges Hall in 1984.

The acoustics and the ornate splendour inside the Hall, was just made for them.

If I remember right, they did it as a one off for the Old Grey Whistle Test and you can still watch it on the likes of Youtube.

When the Gregorian Chant starts amongst all the dry ice, which is so thick all you can see are then silhouettes of the band and the Samurai dancers with the swords, alongside them, the atmosphere was that electric, you felt as though the crowd was actually lifting off.

I`ve never experienced anything like it at any gig I`ve ever been too and I was stone cold sober too !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back