Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What the hell is going on with some Blues?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take cover mate, the doom mongers will be here shortly.

UmslhaK.gif
Any excuse to post this....
IMG_2459.webp

No mate, what you're reading since Thursday are the reflections of a lot of people who hadn't been swayed by the cacophony of noise from dangerously entitled blues but who had instead kept an open mind on the summer developments at the club. That constituency has reacted with a sense of mild deflation to what was on offer against that Slovak team.

That realism has pricked the massively inflated bubble of others and at last some reflection is taking place. The fact you see that as 'mental levels of negativity' just underlines how far things had gotten out of hand.
I think it's unfair to use that game as a benchmark to judge the team. That team may be 'farmers' but they are still a professional team who've had a preseason and 5 competitive games under their belt against an Everton team only half way through preseason, add that to the fact that many players are new and the team still needs a full preseason and a few games to start gelling into a cohesive unit. As Neville Southall said, we'll see the true force of the team around December time

lad we just about beat Ruzomberok who are they like????
we'll finish 15th if were lucky, away leg expect a hammering an to be out Europe
we sold our best striker lad, the players we've brought in meh
okay Sandro is the best player I've ever seen except Lukaku upfront
but that's except, that's a level down and we will be going down mate.

There are some people who are rightfully getting nervous after Thursday because we were shown up for where we are in preparation for the season but we are not done yet in either training or transfers. Personally I think there was lots to be positive about but the same problems are there, defenders giving you twitchy backsides, lack of creativity, no apparent plan b, too willing to be drawn into a midfield battle with too little width. It's easy to take the negative though and as an Evertonian the last 20 years have conditioned me to do that I'm afraid!

We all love the Blues...the sad fact is that it's generally been a source of consternation for us.

Cautious optimism is the Evertonian way.

Some people can't handle it, only the strong survive...born, not manufactured.
I can understand people being cautious given the last 20 plus years but this last year I've seen nothing but positive things happening and positive things planned for the future of the club. I mean compared to 2 years ago we look like a different club and are moving in the right direction. It actually seems that some Blues preferred us when we actually were crap and the club was run like a circus!

The reaction is merely what fans of teams like Man United have seen for years. When you raise expectations, the fans inevitably raise them to higher than reasonable levels. Levels that cant possibly be met. And any sign of it being less than they expected is a crushing blow to them.

A lot of people expected us to steamroll Rozembeuragshasghk by about 5-0, but what they didnt keep in mind is A. Its not easy to do in cup games, B. Its the very beginning of the season, players havent had time to gel yet. C. We have 5 new players who have now only had 1-2 weeks to train with teammates and learn to play together. You simply cannot bring in that many players and expect things to go smoothly in the first month. What you hope is that you can survive the growing pains until they start to play well together and understand eachother.

We just havent had high hopes and expectations for a while, so we havent had to deal with it. Give it time, as fans will also have to learn how to handle the new club future as well.

Not the older ones you spanner. We've seen both ends of the spectrum but the very bottom of the barrel among that. Get some perspective ffs
There's a new breed of Millennials coming through who are dead edgy and try to out moan others to show how NSNO they are, the bad boxroom edgelords. Sneering at Calvert Lewin doesn't make you a super bloo you spaghetti armed flutes.

After 15 mins on here & a couple of conversations on twitter it would leave anyone thinking we're gonna get relegated next season. The negativity is mental. All I'm reading is that Koeman is rubbish, Steve Walsh is rubbish at being a DOF and at scouting, the players we bought are rubbish and over priced, losing Barkley (for chocolate buttons) and Lukaku is gonna have us finishing outside the top 10 and Moshiri is a massive fraud who's mission is to bleed the club dry, etc etc, lol what the hell is going on with Blues? Are people wumming or being serious? We've had one of the best windows I've ever seen in my lifetime, and it's still not over, not to mention all the positive happenings around the club.

We were 11 points off our best points tally last season in Koemans first season with a pretty average team barring a few players. If this seasons team turns 4 losses from last season into wins this year then we will break that record and it's hardly a mountain to climb in my opinion, especially with our new players, they say a good keeper alone can earn a team 10 points.

There's also every chance that the game plan is to go for a domestic cup and try to win the Europa. Would make sense as in a less number of games it gives you what 3rd or 5th place (if we only won the FA cup) would at the end of the season and it adds a trophy or 2 to the cabinate. I don't think we're strong enough to push the top 6 & win the Europa and a cup but I think with this team one or the other is achievable provided we get the Lukaku replacement and left sided CB that Koeman said he wanted to get in.

Maybe I'm being too positive but I really don't get all the doom and gloom and why people are acting like club is a mess from top to bottom and saying we're going to have a terrible season etc.

Welcome to GOT. Positivity is frowned upon and regulary attacked to show that they are so clued up on football and should be sitting in RKs chair.

Seriously though...I think most of us are excited by whats happening at Everton but you will get the few who cannot deal with happiness and quickly try to quell it with ridiculous outlandish statements of negativity to try and bring us down to there level. I sometimes wonder why some profess to be Evertonians when they don't have a good thing to say about the club and think that we listen to how they are right and the club is wrong.

It can get a bit tiresome and boring but it's best not to take bait as that is what some thrive on.

Negative or realistic?

We've upgraded the goalkeeper - I'm happy with that.
We've signed Keane - I'm happy with that.
We've signed Klaassen - I'm happy with that.
We've signed Sandro - I've happy with that
We've signed various promising young players - I'm happy with that

We've signed Rooney - I'm happy with that, he'll give us some good moments but a short term fix

We've signed Martina - he is free but he is also terrible and I'd rather play Kenny/Holgate

We've sold Lukaku and not replaced him - I'm unhappy with that
We are losing Barkley and are not replacing him - I'm unhappy with that, we lack flair and excitement in the team already and when Ross didn't spark the whole team looked flat

We look to be spending £50m on Sigurdsson - I'm unhappy with that. Just not the player we need. Klaassen and Rooney do his role.

Its a discussion forum. We all want Everton to win but we discuss what we think the good and bad choices the club/manager/scouts make.

I think the first XI is, on balance, worse that last year. Slightly stronger in defence but much weaker in attack. Squad overall stronger but not first XI.

After 15 mins on here & a couple of conversations on twitter it would leave anyone thinking we're gonna get relegated next season. The negativity is mental. All I'm reading is that Koeman is rubbish, Steve Walsh is rubbish at being a DOF and at scouting, the players we bought are rubbish and over priced, losing Barkley (for chocolate buttons) and Lukaku is gonna have us finishing outside the top 10 and Moshiri is a massive fraud who's mission is to bleed the club dry, etc etc, lol what the hell is going on with Blues? Are people wumming or being serious? We've had one of the best windows I've ever seen in my lifetime, and it's still not over, not to mention all the positive happenings around the club.

We were 11 points off our best points tally last season in Koemans first season with a pretty average team barring a few players. If this seasons team turns 4 losses from last season into wins this year then we will break that record and it's hardly a mountain to climb in my opinion, especially with our new players, they say a good keeper alone can earn a team 10 points.

There's also every chance that the game plan is to go for a domestic cup and try to win the Europa. Would make sense as in a less number of games it gives you what 3rd or 5th place (if we only won the FA cup) would at the end of the season and it adds a trophy or 2 to the cabinate. I don't think we're strong enough to push the top 6 & win the Europa and a cup but I think with this team one or the other is achievable provided we get the Lukaku replacement and left sided CB that Koeman said he wanted to get in.

Maybe I'm being too positive but I really don't get all the doom and gloom and why people are acting like club is a mess from top to bottom and saying we're going to have a terrible season etc.

You have met your fellow evertonians before, haven't you? You seem oddly surprised.

Hope for the best, expect the worst

Some drink champagne, some die of thirst

No way of knowing
 which way it's going

Hope for the best, expect the worst!

Hope for the best, expect the worst

The world's a stage, we're unrehearsed

Some reach the top, friends, while others drop, friends

Hope for the best, expect the worst!

I knew a man who saved a fortune that was splendid
Then he died the day he'd planned to go and spend it
Shouting "Live while you're alive! No one will survive!"

Life is sorrow—here today and gone tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back