Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What the hell is going on with some Blues?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have tried to have kept him for another season. I do not think he would have downed tools for many reasons World Cup, increased wage etc
I would have allowed him to have a release clause at 70 mill applicable only next summer as the value of another year and his goals would far exceed a reduction in any sale fee.

I would also ask the question why do our best players want to leave? Does not add up really?

Barklay is not `deadwood` ......... Barry and Rooney are

We do not know if we will get more fees its an unknown, we dont know what the conditions of added fees are so how do you know we will get them?

What he meant by deadwoods are pretty obvious. Deulofeu, Cleverley and McGeady etc plus the obvious outgoing a like Robles and Niasse.

I dissagree, its called credit all footy clubs have a facility and in my opinion we used ours, went into the red then cleared it, which is fair enough
its how business operates

I hope Sigurdsson joins I hope we do not overpay, I expect Barklay to leave the day after, again pay down our facility and nothing wrong with that

Be interesting to see the figures in relation to who we buy/sell at the end of this window, confidence is not what it was after the last summer trading with the press declaring we had 100 mil to spend and we nearly got Sissoko (who Koeman wanted badly) and ended up with Valencia on loan
tad of an anti climax and understandable as to managed expectations this time around

We haven't got a £100m facility, and we've struggled for donkeys to spend any actual cash before we either a) sold someone and then spent it, or b ) had to wait until August when the Sky cheque used to land. This year has been vastly different at Goodison in that regard.

I still expect us to bring in 3 more including Sigurdsson. Barkley will have to go due to his contract length. McCarthy will go as he's surplus to requirements and Niasse due to the fact that he's absolute bobbins.

I think he's been extremely badly advised and the local issues he appears to have created for himself seem to have also swayed him.

Shame as I think he'll regret this decision for the rest of his life tbh. He's not going to go to a better placed club than us and play every week, and he's a player who needs to play every week as his confidence is delicate imho.

It does seem an odd one. To me its obvious he is better off staying we are pretty much offering him more money than elsewere
so it would seem he wants to go for non footballing reasons. I am beggining to think Koeman just does not like him

Would you take Europa league even if it meant a severe dip in league form? I see a lot of people talking about breaking the top 6- but what's the point? If you don't break the top 4, is 7th to 6th a big deal? Go for European gold blues.
If we won the Europa league it's as good as finishing 3rd place but in less games in terms of rewards and theres a trophy to show for it. Wouldn't care if we finished 9th and won the Europa.

It does seem an odd one. To me its obvious he is better off staying we are pretty much offering him more money than elsewere
so it would seem he wants to go for non footballing reasons. I am beggining to think Koeman just does not like him
Koeman offered him a new bumper contract, this is the players choice and his alone.

We haven't got a £100m facility, and we've struggled for donkeys to spend any actual cash before we either a) sold someone and then spent it, or b ) had to wait until August when the Sky cheque used to land. This year has been vastly different at Goodison in that regard.

But that is how I think we funded our purchases just a bit of `smoke and mirrors` the cash came in and went straight out
Suppose we will have to agree to disagree until the end of the window were I will be more than happy to say I got it wrong[/QUOTE]

If we won the Europa league it's as good as finishing 3rd place but in less games in terms of rewards and theres a trophy to show for it. Wouldn't care if we finished 9th and won the Europa.

In total agreement fella. I think there's an element of too much pride in regards to the league and I understand that. We want to be classed as being in the top, hence the fury from some of us last year to the constant insistence that it was a top 6, even though we in 7th were far ahead of those below us. In the end, it doesn't matter what the media says- we can silence everyone and truly be noticed if we win something.

I don't get why a manager should blow smoke in his a or being a babysitter. I like Koeman tells the reality to his players and make them work hard and do the pressing.

In total agreement fella. I think there's an element of too much pride in regards to the league and I understand that. We want to be classed as being in the top, hence the fury from some of us last year to the constant insistence that it was a top 6, even though we in 7th were far ahead of those below us. In the end, it doesn't matter what the media says- we can silence everyone and truly be noticed if we win something.
Thing is, there's more chance of winning the Europa than finishing 3rd with the squad and in a lot less games which puts Everton into the group stages of the Champions League, on top of that we're adding a European trophy to the cabinet, and I believe if we done that we'd be in a better position financially and in a more reputable position to sign a few top drawer players to help us push for trophies AND league positions in the following seasons. Makes sense to me, rather than being like that lot across the park and celebrating scraping 4th spot and no trophies like they've won the league.

To be honest I have to admit I am a bit worried. I think we vastly overrate our current squad and I think we´re in need of serious reinforcements, i.e a striker and an attacking midfielder. Concerns me that our transfer activity seem to have grind to a halt.
I don't think it's ground to a halt, the club are frantically scouring the earth for under 18 19 and 20 year olds for our youth teams

It's the modern day football fan, some think they know better than everyone at the club about running a football club and being a football manager or coach at the same time as well as being a supporter and when things aren't being done exactly how they'd like it to be done they post persistently about how they'd sort it out and where it's going wrong. They're geniuses and they want everyone to know it... or maybe they're just sharing their opinion on an internet forum and as we've won nothing for 20 odd years they're just not as excited or optimistic as some other supporters.
Totally agree bignev23, it's definitely the most exciting period the for us since the 80s and yet not everyone is happy, they never will be.

It wasn't too impressive like I'll give you that but I think it's far to early to be of any real concern. Losing Lukaku and Barkley will make it hard for us to make any real progress this season but the window is still open for a while yet so hopefully we'll get some quality in before it closes.
We will never replace Lukaku like for like, scoring goals is the hardest thing to do on a football pitch so it's vital Koeman recruits at least 3 players who have got 10 to 12 goals a season in them. Slowly but surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back