What Was The Best Decade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a teenager in the 80s and take it from me, it was a horrible sh**ty time. Ok Everton were brilliant but the Tories ruled, unemployment was high especially on Merseyside and you couldn't go anywhere it seemed without moustachioed be-permed d*ckheads wanting to kick your head in. Football violence was at its height and your favourite music was never on the radio because of the Smashy and Nicey dominance. God it was awful.

I was a teenager in the 80s and take it from me, it was a horrible sh**ty time. Ok Everton were brilliant but the Tories ruled, unemployment was high especially on Merseyside and you couldn't go anywhere it seemed without moustachioed be-permed d*ckheads wanting to kick your head in. Football violence was at its height and your favourite music was never on the radio because of the Smashy and Nicey dominance. God it was awful.

This is an excellent point. Although we grew up in different countries, the music that we generally accept as the "best of the 80's" was in fact largely ignored by radio. And we didn't have spotify, or the internet or mp3 or anything. We just had an unrelenting amount of Phil Collins. ****ing dire.

This is an excellent point. Although we grew up in different countries, the music that we generally accept as the "best of the 80's" was in fact largely ignored by radio. And we didn't have spotify, or the internet or mp3 or anything. We just had an unrelenting amount of Phil Collins. ****ing dire.

I can't stand Phil Collins' music

I love how you think being a teen in the 80's is like the pinnacle of humankind. I was and it wasn't. But I did have some good times :)

I think I would have rather had access to Satellite TV, the internet and cell phones then. Now that I think about it, I'm not really sure how we actually got on now that I have these things.

Oh and the chicks were absolutely not as hot as they are now. Note even close. The big fashion statement at my school was for girls to wear their dad boxers as shorts and sew up the fly. I **** you not.

Oh I know.

But at the time you didnt know any better.

music-gallery-worst-dressed-stryper-600x400.jpg

PMSL...is that Stryper

Looks promising, will check that out in a bit after the motown show on bbc 4 (y) ta lid

He was on Billy Butler a fortnight ago. At first I thought "I bet he's cr*p, but after 5 seconds I was desperately waiting to get out of the car and google the fella to order his album".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back