What would be your derby lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with this team, i will be praying Friday night that Osman dose not start, would like to see Deulofeu get 30 mins, Kev scored last night for Belguim hopefully he can bring his international form to us

Definitely, but im braced for Osman ACM.

I think we all are!

Mirallas up top maybe, always wanted to see him properly there.

It worked for WBA so maybe could work for us.

Yeah but Mirallas has been useless.

Lukaku's not been at his best the last couple of games but I think leaving him on the bench for the derby is insane.

Watching the press conference, and I've watched a few now that they've been posted on Youtube, Robby doesn't half get asked silly arse questions.

.........................Howard......................

Coleman...Jags....Distin.........Baines

Mirallas......Barry....McCarthy...Deulofeu

..................Barkley.................................

..........................Lukaku.........................

Dont ask me why but Ive got a sneaky suspicion that hes got something up his sleeve this weekend has our Roberto.

Poss:

Usual Back 5 (including TH)

Barry
McCarthy

Left - KM
Centre - Pienaar
Right - Deulo

CF - Lukaku.

Just get the feeling from the way RM is talking in pressers and interviews that it wont be what we or liverpool expect....

I think that Roberto is simply being positive when asked if Deulofeu could come into the side. I'd be surprised if he did start though.

I'd be surprised if Sturridge didn't start too, despite all the talk of him being injured. If he did have a serious problem I think that Rodgers would be furious that Hodgson played him for 90 minutes against Germany, rather than saying 'it's not ideal'.

If we can keep it tight early doors hopefully Sturridge will go off with his thigh and Suarez will start to feel the effects of flying to Uruguay and Jordan as the second half wears on and we can press for a winner. Distin and Barry should be fresh as daisies and neither Coleman or Baines played in midweek, so hopefully we'll have the stronger legs. The concern would be whether they decide to go ultra-defensive because of their issues with their strikers and Gerrard.

roberto was saying he wanted players to play with their head and not heart or whatever, maybe doofyloo could do that as has no affinity to the derby...oh i dunno

I cant see deulofeu starting, would be amazed if he did, have a feeling barkley will get the nod ahead of osman though and possibly mirallas and pienaar swapping flanks

.........................Howard......................

Coleman...Jags....Distin.........Baines

Mirallas......Barry....McCarthy...Deulofeu

..................Barkley.................................

..........................Lukaku.........................

THIS! I want to see Mirallas and Deulofeu on the pitch at the SAME time. Constant switching.

It's a gamble but I would start deleufoe . They will be expecting pienaar to be playing so they will be looking to stop the combo between pienaar and baines but if deleufoe plays he will be direct and run at them. The key to this game is getting the first goal once we have that then we can keep possesstion unlike last year we look like we can hold a lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back