What would be your derby lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers usually reverts to a 4-3-1-2 against teams that play a possession based style such as ourselves. This allows him to press aggressively and potentially force errors that will leave our back four vulnerable. I think starting Deulofeu would be a mistake as he does not track back defensively every time, and having someone to assist Coleman defensively would protect the team when he utilises his ability to bomb forward and play in a cross. Liverpool conceded in their 1-0 loss to Southampton via a headed goal from Dejan Lovren, and Lukaku can do the same if provided with opportunities.

Rodgers usually reverts to a 4-3-1-2 against teams that play a possession based style such as ourselves. This allows him to press aggressively and potentially force errors that will leave our back four vulnerable. I think starting Deulofeu would be a mistake as he does not track back defensively every time, and having someone to assist Coleman defensively would protect the team when he utilises his ability to bomb forward and play in a cross. Liverpool conceded in their 1-0 loss to Southampton via a headed goal from Dejan Lovren, and Lukaku can do the same if provided with opportunities.

Hasn't really worked though, they lost to Southampton and Arsenal and drew with Swansea.

Watching those videos of Deulofeu has inspired me. I'd go with:

----Mirallas---Lukaku---Deulofeu---
----------------Barkley---------------
-----------Barry---Mccarthy---------

Baines--Distin--Jagielka--Coleman

---------------Howard---------------

Think Pienaar and Osman will probably start in reality though.

Let me just say that if Osman gets a starting role I'm downing this bottle of Domestos that lives next to my bed.

He is one lucky, lucky cart.

Watching those videos of Deulofeu has inspired me. I'd go with:

----Mirallas---Lukaku---Deulofeu---
----------------Barkley---------------
-----------Barry---Mccarthy---------

Baines--Distin--Jagielka--Coleman

---------------Howard---------------

Think Pienaar and Osman will probably start in reality though.

Love that team

Just had a quick scan through the 10 pages...

To those who have put Naismith in the team ahead of Pienaar - Why?

Naismith has been decent this year, and Pienaar hasnt been at his best. I understand this, however what does Naismith offer that Pienaar, even on a bad day, doesnt?

The Pienaar/Baines link-up is the best partnership in the league, Pienaar takes the ball anywhere, under pressure or not, uses intelligence to win free-kicks with his body movement, and can score goals like the one against Hull which was simply sublime.

Naismith, god love him, tries his balls off and is as brave as a lion. He is disciplined and offers good protection to Coleman. But offensively, whilst a decent finisher, cant cross, rarely shows any magic and, for me, is incapable of the same link-up/movement as Pienaar.

Just quickly, this is a genuine question not just a jib at those who prefer Naismith. Just want to know why blues, WHY?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Full team Id go for:

Howard
Coleman
Jags
Distin
Baines

Barry
McCarthy

Kev
Barkley
Pienaar

Lukaku

Naismith has been decent this year, and Pienaar hasnt been at his best. I understand this, however what does Naismith offer that Pienaar, even on a bad day, doesnt?

The Pienaar/Baines link-up is the best partnership in the league, Pienaar takes the ball anywhere, under pressure or not, uses intelligence to win free-kicks with his body movement, and can score goals like the one against Hull which was simply sublime.

Naismith, god love him, tries his balls off and is as brave as a lion. He is disciplined and offers good protection to Coleman. But offensively, whilst a decent finisher, cant cross, rarely shows any magic and, for me, is incapable of the same link-up/movement as Pienaar.

Just quickly, this is a genuine question not just a jib at those who prefer Naismith. Just want to know why blues, WHY?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Full team Id go for:

Howard
Coleman
Jags
Distin
Baines

Barry
McCarthy

Kev
Barkley
Pienaar

Lukaku

Simply put- Pienaar/Mirallas been crap. If they play the same as in the past few games we will not win. Naismith is something different. And something different that doesn't stop running or trying. Why not.

Simply put- Pienaar/Mirallas been crap. If they play the same as in the past few games we will not win. Naismith is something different. And something different that doesn't stop running or trying. Why not.

This. And Naismith looks like there could be a goal in him however crap he is. Suarez and Sturridge also seem to play most there stuff from/drifting left so Naismith well play an important role keeping the quiet too. Miralass or pienaar from the left the choice is yours bobby!

Full team Id go for:

Howard
Coleman
Jags
Distin
Baines

Barry
McCarthy

Kev
Barkley
Pienaar

Lukaku

Completely agree

Can somebody add a poll to this thread with "Would you prefer Osman to start over Barkley in the derby?"

?

Full team Id go for:

Howard
Coleman
Jags
Distin
Baines

Barry
McCarthy

Kev
Barkley
Pienaar

Lukaku

i agree with this team, i will be praying Friday night that Osman dose not start, would like to see Deulofeu get 30 mins, Kev scored last night for Belguim hopefully he can bring his international form to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back