What would you consider the biggest statement of intent?

Stadium or Players?

• Stadium on the Docks

Votes: 313 79.0%
  • Big name player?

Votes: 64 16.2%
  • Cheese on warmed bread.

Votes: 19 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Player.

The stadium is old and creaking, but I want to see performances on the pitch before we justify an outlay like that to only 70% fill a stadium due to poor results.

The Stadium for sure. A dockland stadium wouldn't just be a statement of intent, it would a legacy left for generations to come.

Do you think it is the purchase of the land on the docks for a new stadium, or the potential of a BIG name player, in the mould of Isco, Mata, Witsel, Rodriguez etc?

What would make the biggest statement of intent for Moshiris reign?
Nobody needs a statement of intent. Either we note the rebuilding going on or we don't. Lukaku was seen a statement of intent, Jamie Vardy was not and Leicester got the best deal. Everything should be done to benefit the team and club. Statements of intent are meaningless in my opinion.

I believe us getting a top player will only get five minutes on sky, then be quickly overshadowed by Man U, Man C, Chelsea or the RS doing or saying something mundane! A new stadium, clearly visible from the waterfront, will appear in countless clips of Liverpool, regardless of what the story is referring to!

A new stadium, in a premium location will put Everton in the public eye, not just here but across the UK. a big, expensive signing will not! We do not need big signings to progress to european football! Moyes, Martinez and Ranieri have proven that, but once we are in europe, the cameras at that big shiny new stadium will start to put Everton into the European public eye too!

So if i can only have one, i will have the ground first please!

Players... Get the CL a couple of times and the money will take care of itself.
The prize money doing well in the PL with a quality team will make buying a new stadium very much easier.
Either way around, both need to happen for us to be successful, but with the Sky money more than covering costs for the foreseeable future, I would say getting the squad capable of beyond 11th finishes is more important than bringing in a few more pounds from a stadium we wouldn't fill if we were serving up dross football.

Status
Not open for further replies.