whats Moyes playing at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if he gets a six match ban when we could have played the media game a bit better and got him four you'd be happy with that?

Thats the point.

All the FA are seeing is Fellaini the thug with all the press wanting 6 to 9 game ban.

We need to play the game to try and get it to 3.

You play the game. All the top managers have deflected condemnation away from their world class players.

And looked like planks to most of the intelligent world. As has been said numerous times here, we rip into other managers who refuse to acknowledge their players' misdeeds, even when they're as obvious as Fellaini's. I'm not Moyes' biggest fan, but he's played this one well.
Being seen as an honest, standup guy might work in our favour down the road when a situation is less clear-cut. Or the FA might listen a little more when Moyes does complain as they won't roll their eyes and say, "Here's that whinger again."

And looked like planks to most of the intelligent world. As has been said numerous times here, we rip into other managers who refuse to acknowledge their players' misdeeds, even when they're as obvious as Fellaini's. I'm not Moyes' biggest fan, but he's played this one well.
Being seen as an honest, standup guy might work in our favour down the road when a situation is less clear-cut. Or the FA might listen a little more when Moyes does complain as they won't roll their eyes and say, "Here's that whinger again."

They dont care what opposition fans think of them, they want to protect their players and hopefully try to limit a lengthy ban.

You'd think mate, but that would imply the FA have some sense.

Thats the point.

All the FA are seeing is Fellaini the thug with all the press wanting 6 to 9 game ban.

We need to play the game to try and get it to 3.

Exactly. It appears that most of our fans don't actually want us to 'play the game' though. God knows why when everyone else is at it.

Damage limitation. Moyes says nothing and talks about the game rather than the incident, he's drawing his attention away from it. Deflect it against Stoke and their shirt pulling etc blame the refs for not putting a lid on the shirt pulling.

Coming out and saying "throw the book at him" just makes gives the FA incentive to make an example out of him.

Oh and the fact hes on the back page of every paper being called a thug, every sport outlet calling for him to get 6 to 9 game bans, that he's a dirty player, just means he's gonna get a massive ban.

And we've just let it happen when other players do nasty things all season but have dodged any backlash.

We havent played this well like a Fergie, Mourinho etc all would do

and if they give an over the top ban we can't appeal because Moyes has suggeted they should ban him

With all the attention on diving and cheating at the minute and the clamour for players and managers to be more honest, i'd like the FA to give Fellaini his ban then reduce it by 1 game as a reward for Moyes' honesty after the game. It could be a catalyst for others to follow suit.

You may have a point becaus MOTD & Talkcrap are muting it dhould be 9-12 games - Micky Quinn could not contain himself this am - yesterday LFC were a top 2 side in his eyes he predicted a 3-0 win this am after the Villa thumping Brenda is crap & he fears the worse!!!!!!!

They can say what they like it won't be that much, this will be talked about for a few days but the way Moyes and Fell has handled it that will be it.

The only reason all the Liverpool Suarez thing has gone on for so long is because Liverpool are doing the proverbial 'lalalalaal' and hands over the ears thing and then afterwards claiming conspiracies, etc.

Done and dusted now, Fell will take his punishment, I will shocked if it is more than 4 games. The whole football world moves on.

With all the attention on diving and cheating at the minute and the clamour for players and managers to be more honest, i'd like the FA to give Fellaini his ban then reduce it by 1 game as a reward for Moyes' honesty after the game. It could be a catalyst for others to follow suit.

Haha its a nice i idea but i think there's more chance of us getting a penalty than the Fa doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back