whats Moyes playing at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. It appears that most of our fans don't actually want us to 'play the game' though. God knows why when everyone else is at it.

I hate all that ****, that is why I gave Chelsea and ****e fans so much grief over their indiscretions and how they handled it.

In this situation it would be wrong of me to be a hypocrite, I love the way Moyes and Fell have handled and it says to everybody 'There is another sensible adult way to go about this business of football'.

I would also add that a lot of the media are commending Moyes for the way he handled it and then calling Fell a thug so even if Moyes had done a Liverpool or Chelsea they would not be changing their mindset and the comments from them would prob be harsher and go on for longer.

God knows why some do not understand this.

I hate all that ****, that is why I gave Chelsea and ****e fans so much grief over their indiscretions and how they handled it.

In this situation it would be wrong of me to be a hypocrite, I love the way Moyes and Fell have handled and it says to everybody 'There is another sensible adult way to go about this business of football'.

I would also add that a lot of the media are commending Moyes for the way he handled it and then calling Fell a thug so even if Moyes had done a Liverpool or Chelsea they would not be changing their mindset and the comments from them would prob be harsher and go on for longer.

Bingo!

so even if Moyes had done a Liverpool or Chelsea they would not be changing their mindset and the comments from them would prob be harsher and go on for longer.

cos I don't think people are saying that. What I'm saying is all he needed to do was go on to make two clear points as well:

- Shawcross was manhandling Felli all day long and only last week Felli was done for exactly that against City

- It wasn't a full on head butt. There wasnt a mark on it

You can still get the plaudits for coming out with a tough honest approach but add to it a bit of fact and context

Riddle me this then know it all.

When is all this honesty and transparency going to equate to a fair crack of the whip off the refs, who's jobs we make so much easier, because two weeks ago we got a pen given against us for what was happening to Felli.

Ferguson and the like have all been playing the media for years in a different way than Moyes has. Now tell me which of those two sides is on the recieving end of more bad/contentious decisions, and why?

Not questioning his honesty. Just think he shouldnt have been so open in condemning him.

Why not? There is nothing else to do? Make everyone else who saw it( potentially millions ) look stupid and undermine common sense?

It's a breath if fresh air tbh, the gloss of the PL an the Sky laughs do my head in " didn't see it", " he was provoked", I don't buy into the " Everton way" thing, but what I do is the common sense way.

It i had a lad that did that on a pitch, if discipline him.

We all agree MF was bang out of order and deserves to be banned for a period. The argument appears to be only should DM have played it differently by pointing out extenuating circumstances and for some posters acted like other renowned Mgrs to protect their star players. In my view DM was spot on as was MF's apology. It is always easy to point fingers, blame someone else, moan about extenuating factors etc. Keep it simple - when you are wrong you are WRONG - full stop. Just admit it and leave it at that. If there are truly extenuating circumstances then bring these up at a hearing if you wish. Benefit to EFC - we do the right thing. It is not a moral high ground matter just RIGHT and yes I'm proud to be an Evertonian by this approach.

When is all this honesty and transparency going to equate to a fair crack of the whip off the refs, who's jobs we make so much easier, because two weeks ago we got a pen given against us for what was happening to Felli.

Ferguson and the like have all been playing the media for years in a different way than Moyes has. Now tell me which of those two sides is on the recieving end of more bad/contentious decisions, and why?

Know it all, believe me could not be further from the truth. Just my opinion and I do not know why people think that if Moyes had come out and not condemned it that would put us in a stronger position regarding a ban. The FA and media will still see the same incident and I am not having all this roughing up crap either. Fellaini has been handled a lot worse than he was yesterday and never lashed out so why did he do it, because he was hot headed and stupid. Again, not claiming to know it, just my opinion.

I think refereeing standards and how we handle an indefensible act are two completely different things.

Is this a little reverse phsycology (excuse the spelling)? He knows felli is caught bang to rights so by slating him hopes FA go easy on him, unfortunately as we are Everton and every ref seems to. Have a problem with us I think fells is,going to have an extended Xmas break.

[Poor language removed] the club's reputation! I'd gladly let that go down the sh*tter to knock a couple of games off Fellaini's ban, defo. Refs are bound to treat us better if we're known to be a bunch of slippery, lying, snidey, thuggish behaviour advocating c*nts. We should "play the game" like Liverpool did. Worked a treat for them didn't it? They've had great protection from refs recently since they "played the game", haven't they?

City got the penalty because their player went down like he'd been bodyslammed. Fellaini was getting all but buggered all game, yet he stayed on his feet.

You can't defend the indefensible lad. We hate Rodgers for not being honest about Suarez so let's not be hypocrites.

Both Moyes and Fellaini have done the right thing.

Admit your mistakes and take the punishment.

Well done.

Spot on this.

If he'd come out and said he hadn't seen it, we'd all be giving him pelters. If Rodgers or Wenger had said it, they'd be a laughing stock on here.

However, while he was right to be honest about it, he should have also pointed out that it was as a result of constant provocation that the referee did nothing to stop.

These are the posts I agree with in here.

I think Moyes approach is right but fear that because of the hulabaloo they might make an example of Felli because we are an easy target. 3-5 games is probably best we can hope for.
The big fella is vital but lets be positive, his absence might turn draws into a couple of wins. Wonder if Naismith might get a more central role and renew his partnership with Jelli..............

I think Moyes approach is right but fear that because of the hulabaloo they might make an example of Felli because we are an easy target. 3-5 games is probably best we can hope for.
The big fella is vital but lets be positive, his absence might turn draws into a couple of wins. Wonder if Naismith might get a more central role and renew his partnership with Jelli..............

Agreed it's not all bad. The team can play without him and whether it's Barley or Naismith or better still Mirralas we can give it a go. It also seems to me as making less likely that any rich club will steam in and buy him in the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back