Which goal was better

Which goal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I understand that, and that's fair enough, if it's your favourite, it's your favourite, there's no arguments on that at all.

Just the people saying Sigurdsson's was the more difficult skill is what I'm baffled by.

Not much difference in skill wise between both. The skill was firmness of the kick, getting it on target. One net was empty the other wasn't. Is that so hard to understand? No one is dissing Rooneys goal

Sigurdsson's goal would have been saved if the keeper was on his line. Surely you're not disputing that.

If on target means in for Rooney as you say, then it does for Sigurdsson.

Of course, in both cases they didn't just need to be on target.

Do you really think Siggy would have attempted if the goalie was on his line?

And that's the point. It's your favourite.

Leave it there.

Don't try and justify that it was the harder goal to score, because it wasn't. You just preferred it.

The end.

I never said it was the easier goal to score!!! I agree with most that Sigurdsson's sat up nicely to be hit.

...And everyone is allowed an opinion mate, i'm not getting on anyones back for liking Rooney's more.

Ps how old are you to throw your toys out of the pram like that?

Goodness me. You're arguing against yourself.

No mate I am not. You are putting different scenarios in to justify your opinion. My opinion is different from yours. Siggys was much harder to do than Rooneys. With the keeper (Hart) in no mans land any player would have attempted what Rooney did and some would have gone in some would have missed by a mile. Siggys effort was totally out of the blue and very very few players would have attempted it.

No mate I am not. You are putting different scenarios in to justify your opinion. My opinion is different from yours. Siggys was much harder to do than Rooneys. With the keeper (Hart) in no mans land any player would have attempted what Rooney did and some would have gone in some would have missed by a mile. Siggys effort was totally out of the blue and very very few players would have attempted it.

Fair enough. That's a decent reason, and one I can go along with. But there's no way it's a harder technique to pull off.

Fair enough. That's a decent reason, and one I can go along with. But there's no way it's a harder technique to pull off.

No, the technique of booting a dropping ball high and far is not as difficult as the technique that Rooney used to hit his shot. However, to actually hit it so perfectly from that distance and angle, and beat a goalkeeper to score is definitely every bit as difficult.

Think it's the other way round. I've played a lot of football and know for a fact that i'd have more chance of scoring Sigurdsson's than Rooneys.

I've played more than you and i know for a fact that i would find it more difficult to score sigurdssons than rooneys, maybe you were just a lump it forward type of player so a volley anywere is 2nd nature to you

That's what I've just said, and what you told me I can't say? Whch is it?

Sigurdsson's goal would have been saved if the keeper was on his line. Surely you're not disputing that.

If on target means in for Rooney as you say, then it does for Sigurdsson. Of course, in both cases they didn't just need to be on target.

This is why i just cant get over excited about these type of goals as i much prefer goals were there is actually a goalie to beat.
Anyone can kick a ball into a 2.5 foot by 7 foot space from 50 yards if no one is attempting to stop it hitting that target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back