Which other Club would you support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Everton disappeared overnight then I'm already sorted. Been watching Prescot Cables for a few years now and tonight we beat Southport in the the Liverpool Senior Cup Final. Means very little to a lot of clubs but it was absolutely brilliant for us.

My eldest lads mate plays for Cables Jnrs on a Sunday. They've got a great set up there for kids, coaching etc.

Geoff Nultys lad played for them for years, married my mate. Nice fella.

Seen some of the vids of the young Cables @COYBL25 - Some genuinely good football with real skill and most impressively - the awareness they show and technique. And I'm talking actual kids, easily U11/12. Come a long way since my days at junior level and to see that kind of skill at a non-league clubs junior set up is astonishing.

Was very impressed this year that one of the Dallas Cup finals was Liverpool Academy v Knowsley Youth - For those who don't know it's a very prestigious worldwide youth tournament and it was stitched up by Merseyside kids in one age group - Open to the cream of Brazil, Germany, France, USA and the literally the rest of the world but two non-pro academies about 15 miles apart bested them all. Absolutely astonishing.

Side fact - Geoff Nulty used to be my Landlord!

If Everton disappeared overnight then I'm already sorted. Been watching Prescot Cables for a few years now and tonight we beat Southport in the the Liverpool Senior Cup Final. Means very little to a lot of clubs but it was absolutely brilliant for us.

Couldn't just support another premier league club like that. I don't think I could invest myself in anything at all like I have with Everton. However I'm from Kirkby and lived in Huyton and now Knowsley, so prescot cables are my most local team so I guess I'd go and watch them and see how that developed.

Seen some of the vids of the young Cables @COYBL25 - Some genuinely good football with real skill and most impressively - the awareness they show and technique. And I'm talking actual kids, easily U11/12. Come a long way since my days at junior level and to see that kind of skill at a non-league clubs junior set up is astonishing.

Was very impressed this year that one of the Dallas Cup finals was Liverpool Academy v Knowsley Youth - For those who don't know it's a very prestigious worldwide youth tournament and it was stitched up by Merseyside kids in one age group - Open to the cream of Brazil, Germany, France, USA and the literally the rest of the world but two non-pro academies about 15 miles apart bested them all. Absolutely astonishing.

Side fact - Geoff Nulty used to be my Landlord!

Lol.

My mate lived in one of his houses in Precot, that's loosely how she met his lad.

His lad probably could've been a lower league pro, but is such a grounded lad, he went for the security of a reasonably well payed job and pocket money with the Cables.

I sometimes go and watch City of Liverpool FC when their games don't clash with ours so it'd prob be them for me.

I'd prob have to pick a more senior team aswel but never a Prem team. Union Berlin maybe.

Cracking little club and ground, been there a few times to watch City of Liverpool. Scenes last night when they scored and the barrier and the front of the little terrace collapsed lol

Cracking little club and ground, been there a few times to watch City of Liverpool. Scenes last night when they scored and the barrier and the front of the little terrace collapsed lol
I've been there to watch COL play St.Helens a couple of times. Brought a few hundred with them and they've put plenty of much needed cash through the gates of other clubs in that league. Doing really well considering it's their first year as well and hopefully they can get within the city limits some time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back