Which team would beat the other

Team 1 Vs Team 2

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name me one game, just one, when Cottee proved to be the big match winner.
Coming on as sub against the RS and equalising was the peak of his Everton career, but still didnt win us the game.
He scored 99 goals for Everton, of which the majority of them were the odd goal in 3-1 defeat.
Sharpy said, as long as Cottee scored he believed he had done his job, even if we lost 4 -1.
Said he joined Everton as opposed to Arsenal, because George Graham wanted him and Alan Smith to work hard from the front.
Cottee said he was only interested in scoring goals.
Arsenal actually finished the season as Champions winning the lost game at Mordor.

I watched him destroy the barcodes, scoring three on his debut. I agree he won sod all but he was a class player in some not very good sides. You obviously didn’t like him, I did, that’s football.....

Cottee was the best English striker bar Lineker at the time we signed him.
Really ?
Are you telling me he was better than Linekers strike partner, Beardsley?
Alan Smith also finished the season as leading scorer, who was also better than Cottee,
As for destroying the bar codes on the opening day, is this the same barcodes who got relegated, finishing bottom with 31 points conceding 63 goals.
Just about sums Cottee up that, a flat track bully, who did nothing went it mattered.
Only 7 caps for England 4 as a sub says it all.

Cottee when also asked to name his all time best eleven,
put Phil Parkes of West Ham in goal ahead of Neville Southall.
Shows he knew as much about goalkeepers as he did about being a match winner.

Due to my previous thread being up there in GOT history in terms of popularity, I will gift you people another Guru special.

Team 1
Southall
Jackson Watson Gough Hinchfliffe
Kanchelskis Parkinson Speed Limpar
Cottee Ferguson

Team 2
Martyn
Coleman Jagielka Lescott Baines
Arteta Gana Cahill Pienaar
James
Lukaku
Team 2, Lukaku would dominate that defensive.

I’m guessing you’re not a huge Tony Cottee fan mate?
Yes, you guessed it, I didnt like, or rate Cottee.
I will never forget Cottee last ever game for Everton, the famous last game of the season against Wimbledon.
Cottee was our penalty taker and on 99 goals , when we were awarded a penalty at two nil down, here was his chance for his 100th goal.
But no, what did he do ?
bottled it and left it for Graham Stuart , who had never taken a penalty before.
He didnt want to be known as the guy who missed a penalty and sent Everton down.
It was all about me, me, me with Cottee, never a big game player in a million years and doesnt deserve to be named in any half decent Everton team

Any team with Cottee in wont win anything, a serial loser, the only man to come third in a dual.
Gash player too
So we know you didn't see him ,did your mates tell you about him?
p.s. Just read the following post and it seems you did .He scores some great goals and didn't take a pen so you hate him ? Crazy .You must hate so many players if that is the level of the bar. God spare us if they miss an open goal. Did you ever think that if he took it in his frame of mind he would probably have missed .

So we know you didn't see him ,did your mates tell you about him?
Went to my first game in 1970 and seen lots of the great players, but Cottee was never one of them.
He was the most expensive player in English football at the time, and totally average, the only criticism I have of the great Colin Harvey, was signing him.
As for Cottee scoring great goals, I know what you mean.
Once seen him score a fabulous chip in the last minute at Sheffield Wednesday, pity we were already 5 -0 down at the time, just sums him up, couldnt do it when it mattered and stunk out Wembley in the 89 final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back