Which team would beat the other

Team 1 Vs Team 2

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my first game in 1970 and seen lots of the great players, but Cottee was never one of them.
He was the most expensive player in English football at the time, and totally average, the only criticism I have of the great Colin Harvey, was signing him.
As for Cottee scoring great goals, I know what you mean.
Once seen him score a fabulous chip in the last minute at Sheffield Wednesday, pity we were already 5 -0 down at the time, just sums him up, couldnt do it when it mattered and stunk out Wembley in the 89 final
I see you cut the rest of my post to make your point but I don't agree with you at all he was a great player for us if he scored 99 goals ,I cannot see how having scored so many , he has scored only when it didn't matter ? Our best ever eleven no but not average .

I see you cut the rest of my post to make your point but I don't agree with you at all he was a great player for us if he scored 99 goals ,I cannot see how having scored so many , he has scored only when it didn't matter ? Our best ever eleven no but not average .
He was the most expensive player in English football at the time, and when big games come along, you expect the big players to deliver.
Name me one, just one game, when he proved to be the big match winner, you will be still looking this time next year.
It is no use scoring 99 goals against run of the mill teams, if you dont score in the big matches that count.
Have a look at his scoring record at the back of his biography, it is littered with the goals here and there in 3,4 and 5 -1 defeats when he scored our solitary goal.

He was the most expensive player in English football at the time, and when big games come along, you expect the big players to deliver.
Name me one, just one game, when he proved to be the big match winner, you will be still looking this time next year.
It is no use scoring 99 goals against run of the mill teams, if you dont score in the big matches that count.
Have a look at his scoring record at the back of his biography, it is littered with the goals here and there in 3,4 and 5 -1 defeats when he scored our solitary goal.

Well if you have read his biography you must really have it in for him because if I didn't rate a player the last thing on this earth I would do is buy his biography .So for me this is now pointless . I still cannot get my head around him scoring 99 for us and you are so down on him though .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back