Who could replace Martinez ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
point taken. he is a rising star but i wouldnt feel comfortable giving him the job in severe relegation threat.

i think this could be the reason why Kenwright will never sack Martinez. Any established manager is going to cost a few pretty pennies and Kenwright is not going to pay it. Fans would never forgive him if he brought in some dodgy has been either.

Like this guy a lot.

But (there's always a but ffs) he only seems to do well with Bournemouth! Was a bit meh when he had a go at Burnley.

Howe is young, he'll learn.

He left Bournemouth because obviously Burnley was a bigger opportunity, but his family is settled here, they've lived here for ages. He came back because he was homesick. He actually did very well at Burnley and laid the foundations for the side they are today (a bit like Martinez did with Swansea).

Considering all that, there is no way he'd come to Everton. If he's homesick at Burnley he's going to be homesick in Liverpool.

Not a bad shout, hard to see him leave Marseille whilst giving PSG a decent title push in France, champions league football all but assured for next season too.
For sure it wouldn't be easy. I think he's gettable though. Thing is, the ones that come to mind when you think of availability are more scary than exciting. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we'll pull through this slump, it wouldn't make sense to replace Martinez with someone who'd conjure the same emotions on arrival.

Lol says the clown whose inferring Redknapp is throwing a match in an FA Cup to get across your point that you wouldn't have him as manager.

Fact is chico a top 6 side lost 3-0 at home to a side that got relegated that season.

QPR- a championship side last year, got beat 3-0 by a side that's got to a cup semi in recent years.

Chill lad it's an Internet site it is okay to haw a different opinion, okay luv? Take a chill pill and save the neg rep for kopites not fellow blues who have a difference of opinion x

Yes?

i think this could be the reason why Kenwright will never sack Martinez. Any established manager is going to cost a few pretty pennies and Kenwright is not going to pay it. Fans would never forgive him if he brought in some dodgy has been either.

true. ...but hey hang on a minute. if it ever went to so bad that kenwright would have to fire martinez then howe might even be possible ...cause no one of "heavyweights" wouldnt come. it would be a risk, it could be a success but if it went to bonkers then the "new rising star" would bring a hope for future even if relegation would happend...expensive oyrney man would just leave and leave team in more difficult situation. conclusion there fore is...Howe - or such like him -actually is one of the realistic prospects. if horror scenario would happend* @bluemangroup

Messrs De Boer, Bielsa, Bilic, Laudrup, Blanc....please forward your CVs for the perusal of the Everton players committee. An A4 size accompanying letter will be allowed for you to state exactly what qualities you will bring before the committee to support your application. These may include such skills as:

'avin' a laff with the lads'
'card games in the canteen'
'xbox skills'
'golf swing tips'
'how to put a £50K yankee or canadian bet on'

Closing date: February 1st...which may or may not coincide with the end of the current transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back