WHO SHOULD BE OUR NEW MANAGER???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mick mcCarthy. Next step back into the stone age

Come on belg, lets have realistic choices ere.

Not a chance we could get Big Mick.

pewezKb.gif

Listening the Joey Barton’s Edge podcast - with Sean dyche. Down to earth, thinker, all round good guy. Would take him in a heart beat.
Too English for some, but I would recommend that listening the that podcast

Regarded as one of the best young coaches/future managers in the game, which is entirely why Arsenal let him get nicked by City as he was regarded as a potential 'threat' internally to Wenger as Arsenal.

One of the few players we've had over the past 20 years who could have been dropped into the Kendall or Catterick sides and been up to the standard in those teams.

When you've shopped in the Moyes, Allardyce, Koeman pools for recent managers, taking a chance on him would be more preferable than making those similar types of appointments again.

Ambitious, young, learning off one of the best, a winner, and has a bit of a snide about him and always did have. could do far far worse than the best little Spaniard we know
Like Arteta and would not reject the idea of him as manager...however on a side point - "could have been dropped into the Kendall or Catterick sides " ..80s side possibly, 70 champs no way..best ever EFC side imo

A true leader, someone with European experience, single minded with a clear plan and the balls to see it through.

Angela Merkel fellas.

Like Arteta and would not reject the idea of him as manager...however on a side point - "could have been dropped into the Kendall or Catterick sides " ..80s side possibly, 70 champs no way..best ever EFC side imo

80's side i saw, 70's one just going off what my uncle said about them really mate, point i was making really though is that he is a class above anything we've had in the centre of the park since the 80's IMO anyway, outside of defenders, basically him, speed and Kanchelskis stand out like sore thumbs in a see of mediocrity we've had there for a long long time.

As for him as manager, look at his career thus far, left the BArca academy to get games, never shy of moving countries to make it etc, gave us the best years of his career, moved then to Arsenal for a good fee for us to get the trophies he wanted, turned down both Arsenal and Spurs coaching roles (the Arsenal role would have been the easy option, similarly he knew Pocch from his playing days alongside him) to go learn under the best at City, and was headhunted by Guardiola which in itself tells you a lot about the qualities he has (as does the fact Pocch wanted him having played along with him - so guess even back then you could see that he had something which most players don't have in a brain)

80's side i saw, 70's one just going off what my uncle said about them really mate, point i was making really though is that he is a class above anything we've had in the centre of the park since the 80's IMO anyway, outside of defenders, basically him, speed and Kanchelskis stand out like sore thumbs in a see of mediocrity we've had there for a long long time.

As for him as manager, look at his career thus far, left the BArca academy to get games, never shy of moving countries to make it etc, gave us the best years of his career, moved then to Arsenal for a good fee for us to get the trophies he wanted, turned down both Arsenal and Spurs coaching roles (the Arsenal role would have been the easy option, similarly he knew Pocch from his playing days alongside him) to go learn under the best at City, and was headhunted by Guardiola which in itself tells you a lot about the qualities he has (as does the fact Pocch wanted him having played along with him - so guess even back then you could see that he had something which most players don't have in a brain)

I think a lot depends on getting a proper DOF in. There's no doubt he's a highly regarded coach and has helped develop young players. Recruitment would be an issue and I think he would need some support. However he fits the bill of a top coach, who would have a clear philosophy, plays young players and looks to improve them.

For me I'd love to see him in, ideally with Unsworth being involved as Assistant and for me, though left field Tim Cahill getting involved in some coaching. Maybe a more experienced head around too might help, possibly Irvine, or Steve Round.

He's not my number 1 choice (it would still be Tuchel) but he's the right type of appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back