Who should be starting keeper vs. Sunderland

Howard or Joel as #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ridiculous, what does that say to Robles? He literally can't do anything to get a starting spot.
I hoped we wouldn't get a carbon copy of what happened last season when Howard was injured and Robles kept clean sheets, only to be swapped back at the earliest instance. Not in the anti Martinez crew myself but wtf is the message this sends out to the many other younger players on the door of the first team?

RM it may cost him his job?in the end because TH after a better start has gone down hill like a Juggernaut it's a mystery it must be in his contract he has to play every Prem game imo!

What i don't understand about Martinez is why does it have to be black and white for him. For him to say it right after the final whistle shows he had made his mind up no matter what, for me that is poor management. Just like when he dropped Joel first chance last season, if a manager decides a player is either in or out regardless of circumstances it is a worry for Everton.
Be interesting to see what he will do if we get drawn at Anfield in the next round.

It won't happen, but I'd throw the gloves in Robles direction. If he catches them, then he starts.

He was a bit nervous to start with tonight, and, if you didn't look closely, you might have thought their goal was due to Howard not coming off his line, but tonight, Robles was to blame a bit.

But, as the match went on, he made a few good saves, collected a cross that Tim would have kept a careful eye on from his goalline, got a fist on something in his six yard area, got some decent clearances made and saved a penalty. His confidence could only be increased by telling him he starts against S'land.

I doubt very much it'll happen, so can only hope that Howard is motivated by the fact that Robles played well tonight and pulls his finger out.

tbf he did come off his line to try and get to the ball, didn't get there and got back in goal to the right position, it was just a scuffed effort that went right in the corner. was in a good position for a clean contact. i'm not too sure what stones was doing for the goal, must be said,

If Tim Howard is his No. 1 choice goalkeeper no matter how much better the stand-in has been, then why did Alcaraz keep his place ahead of John Stones in the Europa League Last 16 against Dynamo Kiev on the back of a good performance?

He is an absolute hypocrite. Get him out of the club.

If Tim Howard is his No. 1 choice goalkeeper no matter how much better the stand-in has been, then why did Alcaraz keep his place ahead of John Stones in the Europa League Last 16 against Dynamo Kiev on the back of a good performance?

He is an absolute hypocrite. Get him out of the club.
He was injured you nutcase. We know what happens when we play half fit defenders.

Pure stubbornness from Martinez. He'll fall on his own sword with this one. Howard has been poor for about four seasons, he's not going to recapture any form any time soon, this is it for him. Robles is already better and can only improve with games. Martinez has a huge chance to make the team better without even spending money. Any top manager would have just picked their top keeper. Look at Van Gaal's treatment of Romero, Mourinho selling Cech, Wenger benching Ospina, Madrid getting rid of Casillas. No debate about it, no sentimentality, when someone better comes along they are ruthless.

The cord should make it known what a ridiculous decision this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back