Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look at the starting XI we put out for the Southampton game, the team was made up of players purchased by 7 different managers.

1 Moyes
1 Martinez
1 Koeman
1 Silva
1 Ancelotti
2 Benitez
4 Lampard

The only manager not represented since Moyes was Allardyce.

That’s players from 7 different managers all with vastly different footballing philosophies, being shoe horned into the same team. That really can’t be good for continuity.

How could anyone possibly want Gravy back. Not only was he despised and caused massive divisions and cost the club a fortune, he cannot even boast about not getting relegated anymore. There is not a single bit of safeness or sensibility about it. Absolutely baffles me. Here is a reminder of last time.

%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F93ab4ee8-56cb-11e8-9d43-4957c6efbcb7.jpg

2332517-48549115-2560-1440.jpg
How stupid do we look now? and clearly the motto has been well lost might as well drop it from the club, I’d happily take Sam back in the position we’re in it’s the kind of football we need to be playing now and probably our best chance of survival.

How stupid do we look now? and clearly the motto has been well lost might as well drop it from the club, I’d happily take Sam back in the position we’re in it’s the kind of football we need to be playing now and probably our best chance of survival.
How can Sam possibly be our best chance of survival? He had more than half a season and ended up as bad as Lampard and got relegated and then retired.

Sam1.webp

Glad to see people have got here before me.

Just heard Allardyce is the backup to Bielsa.

I mean what?

You couldn't get more opposite types of manager. Shows there's no plan, no strategy.

Fat Sam has already been forced out of here once. The style he brought was hated.
BFS - Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Does anyonme remember the interviews/Pressers. When we won it was all me,mine, etc when we lost he blamed the players... awful football, no shots on goal in 3 games wasn't it? Dyche would be the same please find anyone else!!

I get that most of the names currently are just journalism fodder or bookies with the last fired coaches. But if these lists mirror or have any semblance to the board and Thelwell's the variance in styles makes me think they have learned absolutely nothing from going through this every year.

How is their not a shortlist of names within a specific vein stylistically or are comparable with each other schematically. The conversation all steers towards persona or extremes. For any competent club this isn't the way this is done.

Personally there are better managers currently available that aren't even mentioned or linked and I am just perplexed as to why. And in the meantime having another Rooney conversation and hearing Big Sam. WE ARE A MESS

I get that most of the names currently are just journalism fodder or bookies with the last fired coaches. But if these lists mirror or have any semblance to the board and Thelwell's the variance in styles makes me think they have learned absolutely nothing from going through this every year.

How is their not a shortlist of names within a specific vein stylistically or are comparable with each other schematically. The conversation all steers towards persona or extremes. For any competent club this isn't the way this is done.

Personally there are better managers currently available that aren't even mentioned or linked and I am just perplexed as to why Im having a Rooney conversation at all.
Surely if we are looking at Bielsa then we should be looking at Corberan.

Personally there are better managers currently available that aren't even mentioned or linked and I am just perplexed as to why Im having a Rooney conversation at all.
It's because the club has no plan sadly. I don't even know how much of a say Thelwell even has, Bielsa is clearly Moshiri's choice for example and the board probably wants fat Sam after working with him before

How can Sam possibly be our best chance of survival? He had more than half a season and ended up as bad as Lampard and got relegated and then retired.

View attachment 201947
Because we don’t have the players to press bielsa style imagine how quick DCL would break down having to press for 90 minutes mykolenko looks scared to get past halfway in his own half, McNeils a crab and lazy as anyone Gordon is still sulking like he’s lost a pound and found a penny bielsa isn’t the man to keep us up long term probably worth a punt. Dyche no thanks did great with Burnley but in the end wasn’t good enough. Sam unattractive football but we need to be hitting balls long and into the channels with the crap we’ve got trying to get crosses in the box, we haven’t got a single player in the squad that can make defence splitting passes so all this keep ball we played under frank and moving it about was pointless players aren’t good enough for that barely even good enough to call themselves pros some of them especially at this level anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back