Who should replace Gueye in midfield vs. Chelsea?

Who then?

• Tom Snivelley (clevs)

Votes: 87 40.1%
  • Liam Walsh

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Tom Davies

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • Gibson (lol)

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Get yer shinnies on Big Dunc

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Cheesy midfield bits

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Cleverley critic most of the time but he has been ok for the most part this season. Tom Davies is not ready. Chelsea in a league game is a huge level up from a pre-season run out.

Cleverley, not his biggest fan but none of the others are fit or near the first team at the moment. This just shows how weak our squad is, can't believe I even miss McCarthy.

With Gueye out due to suspension, who should replace him in the middle of the park?
Besic and McCarthy are still out injured so our options are effectively to play Cleverly or promote one of the younguns. What would you do in Koeman's shoes?

LOL @ SNIVELLEY

I'd vote for Davies, but it's just such a risk...there's at least an even chance that he'd be targeted and torn apart (in a footballing sense) if he started, and that's not what a young player needs to build confidence.

Course he could also be ace, which would be great. Just think it's taking a chance with the lads confidence and development

It should be Davies but it will be Cleverly.
I voted for Davies but don't think it will be.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for the 343 formation that some people are advocating with Cleverly and Barry as the CMs. Given the form Chelsea are in it is a big ask for an 18 year old and I just can't see Koeman taking that chance.

In that formation I'd play Barkley just behind Lukaku and Bolasie. Think that could be devastating on the break. At least there should be an opportunity for Davies or/and Walsh (if fit) on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back