Who should replace Gueye in midfield vs. Chelsea?

Who then?

• Tom Snivelley (clevs)

Votes: 87 40.1%
  • Liam Walsh

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Tom Davies

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • Gibson (lol)

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Get yer shinnies on Big Dunc

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Cheesy midfield bits

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies has looked calm and assured whenever he's played

Stick him in there and give him a chance

Didn't West Ham play a 16 year old against Arsenal last season and he played a blinder?

For me, the best thing to do would be for Koeman to pick Davies and basically say to him "There's no pressure, just go out there and play your natural game and enjoy the occasion"

Feel bad saying it but I'd be putting Cleverley in there and just hope and pray our attackers can score at least two goals. Him alongside Barry, with an on-form defence behind them should be enough to stop Chelsea scoring more than one or two... so pretty much depends if our midfielders (can see Mirallas being dropped as he's absolutely crap this season) can support Lukaku well or not.

Feel bad saying it but I'd be putting Cleverley in there and just hope and pray our attackers can score at least two goals. Him alongside Barry, with an on-form defence behind them should be enough to stop Chelsea scoring more than one or two... so pretty much depends if our midfielders (can see Mirallas being dropped as he's absolutely crap this season) can support Lukaku well or not.

I'd honestly play Lennon, as he'll track back, work hard and protect the defence

Lennon should be given a game soon though, surely?

I mean, both Mirallas and Deulofeu have been atrocious in virtually every game they've played in, and we've only got Bolasie as a winger aside from those two and Lennon.

Davies has looked calm and assured whenever he's played

Stick him in there and give him a chance

Didn't West Ham play a 16 year old against Arsenal last season and he played a blinder?

For me, the best thing to do would be for Koeman to pick Davies and basically say to him "There's no pressure, just go out there and play your natural game and enjoy the occasion"

This... Davies, in a perfect roy of the rovers world, should... do I have to add the 3 letter 'b' word?? - nah.

So it's Cleverly all day long

Where's the McGeady option?

Nothing would confuse Chelsea more. Wherever he is, bring him back just for this one game.

If we are going to lose, we may as well have a good laugh while we're at it.

I thought Kev was fine at the weekend tbf, and against West Brom too, even getting a goal
Hiya Mickey, I can no longer buy into the potential promise of Kevin. He has had several years to establish himself as a bone=fide first teamer and has never done so. Blighted by inconsistency with the odd flash of genius. Osman-ish!
Others might disagree of course, but we need better.
If he was a top 4 player, a top 4 club would have been in for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.