Who would you replace Lampard with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say he wouldn't but if he has any career ambitions he would do well to avoid us.
Why?
Moyes went to Man United
Martinez got the Belgium job
Koeman got Barcelona and Holland
Silva is back in the premier league
Ancelotti just won the champions league again
We don’t exactly destroy managerial careers over here

I don’t understand why we talk down about ourselves so much. Benitez wrecked us and Lampard is having a tough time putting us back together but showing signs of improvement apart from some tricky games we just played. We’re still one of only six premier league mainstays who a few years back were always fighting for Europe and considered ‘best of the rest’ outside the elite. We’ve fallen a little but turn back a few years and Man City were in the third tier, we’re attractive to almost any manager in the world.

Moot point though as Frank just needs a couple wins from the next four league games before the break and we’re sound and can stop crying.

Why?
Moyes went to Man United

I don’t understand why we talk down about ourselves so much. Benitez wrecked us and Lampard is having a tough time putting us back together but showing signs of improvement apart from some tricky games we just played. We’re still one of only six premier league mainstays who a few years back were always fighting for Europe and considered ‘best of the rest’ outside the elite. We’ve fallen a little but turn back a few years and Man City were in the third tier, we’re attractive to almost any manager in the world.

Moot point though as Frank just needs a couple wins from the next four league games before the break and we’re sound and can stop crying.
Id rather Frank just grew a pair and let the shackles off the players and show what we can do, I don't actually want to change another manager.

Didn't say he wouldn't but if he has any career ambitions he would do well to avoid us.
Depends on how good he is. If hes a really good manager and trusts his abilities, taking over here and taking us back to being the best of the rest, or better, would be a great path to ‘bigger’ job.

Knutsen, Gallardo, Amorim. I'm sure there are others if I actually looked harder. PL experience is disqualifying for my ideal candidate.

Knutsen would be a huge gamble. Solskjaer was winning in that league. Can the other two even speak English?

Let’s hope this is a nugatory discussion for another few years.

I think at this point it is take risks or continue on this slow slide right down into the championship and then who knows from there. The PL is the most watched league in the world. You're not going to find a ton of talent slipping through the cracks both on the field and in management.

That's probably fair, but my point is Moshiri isnt going to approach it that way.

Depends on how good he is. If hes a really good manager and trusts his abilities, taking over here and taking us back to being the best of the rest, or better, would be a great path to ‘bigger’ job.
I prefer the look of that Bo Svensson at Mainz tbh, doing a very good job there with no real 'names' player wise. Id hope that Frank can pull a few results out the bag (not confident as he is far too cautious imo) but if we did need to do that whole manager thing again we have to look outside of the PL otherwise we are just limiting ourselves to the usual merry-go-round of utter dregs.

Why?
Moyes went to Man United

How did benitez wreck us? I'm really interested to hear this. So he signed gray and Townsend effectively on free transfers both of whom did pretty well.

At the start of his tenure he won 4 of his 5 first games. He then got injuries to key players and we were going into games forced with having to start players like gbamin. We then saw the form drop off simply because he was missing the entire spine of his team in a weak squad that he had only been able to spend 1.5 million on. A run then happened where we were losing games but who wouldn't with so many injuries?

Fans started getting on his back without any sensitivity to the fact he was missing half his team.

Fans then started calling for him to drop some players and play the likes of dobbin who has now played 11 games at Derby in league one without a goal and assist.

Fans then got aggressive and would boo and heckle him because of his Liverpool connection and cut him absolutely no slack at all. This definitely contributed to poor results as Frank got the complete opposite kind of support at goodison Park that helped the players rather than hinder them. Benitez then signed Patterson and mykolenko. Patterson you would have to say looks a great prospect, mykolenko maybe not so much but decent on his day.

Then benitez got sacked. So I'm interested in a logical and well balanced argument if someone can tell me how benitez 'ruined' the club in any way more than what Frank has this season. Because benitez when he has his best players available had the team winning games and the team looking the better in games.

Frank on the other hand has always had that luxury of pretty much all his best players available and honestly I don't think there has been a single game this season where we have looked the better team. Or last season with exception to the Leeds home game we won 3 nil.

The reason benitez had to go was because the fans couldn't get onside with him, nothing to do with his ability as a football manager because he's just better than Frank is by a mile as much as you don't want to believe it.

Maybe you think because he signed Rondon on a free he wrecked us but that would be a tad harsh wouldn't it?

How did benitez wreck us? I'm really interested to hear this. So he signed gray and Townsend effectively on free transfers both of whom did pretty well.

At the start of his tenure he won 4 of his 5 first games. He then got injuries to key players and we were going into games forced with having to start players like gbamin. We then saw the form drop off simply because he was missing the entire spine of his team in a weak squad that he had only been able to spend 1.5 million on. A run then happened where we were losing games but who wouldn't with so many injuries?

Fans started getting on his back without any sensitivity to the fact he was missing half his team.

Fans then started calling for him to drop some players and play the likes of dobbin who has now played 11 games at Derby in league one without a goal and assist.

Fans then got aggressive and would boo and heckle him because of his Liverpool connection and cut him absolutely no slack at all. This definitely contributed to poor results as Frank got the complete opposite kind of support at goodison Park that helped the players rather than hinder them. Benitez then signed Patterson and mykolenko. Patterson you would have to say looks a great prospect, mykolenko maybe not so much but decent on his day.

Then benitez got sacked. So I'm interested in a logical and well balanced argument if someone can tell me how benitez 'ruined' the club in any way more than what Frank has this season. Because benitez when he has his best players available had the team winning games and the team looking the better in games.

Frank on the other hand has always had that luxury of pretty much all his best players available and honestly I don't think there has been a single game this season where we have looked the better team. Or last season with exception to the Leeds home game we won 3 nil.

The reason benitez had to go was because the fans couldn't get onside with him, nothing to do with his ability as a football manager because he's just better than Frank is by a mile as much as you don't want to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back