Who would you replace Lampard with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did benitez wreck us? I'm really interested to hear this. So he signed gray and Townsend effectively on free transfers both of whom did pretty well.

At the start of his tenure he won 4 of his 5 first games. He then got injuries to key players and we were going into games forced with having to start players like gbamin. We then saw the form drop off simply because he was missing the entire spine of his team in a weak squad that he had only been able to spend 1.5 million on. A run then happened where we were losing games but who wouldn't with so many injuries?

Fans started getting on his back without any sensitivity to the fact he was missing half his team.

Fans then started calling for him to drop some players and play the likes of dobbin who has now played 11 games at Derby in league one without a goal and assist.

Fans then got aggressive and would boo and heckle him because of his Liverpool connection and cut him absolutely no slack at all. This definitely contributed to poor results as Frank got the complete opposite kind of support at goodison Park that helped the players rather than hinder them. Benitez then signed Patterson and mykolenko. Patterson you would have to say looks a great prospect, mykolenko maybe not so much but decent on his day.

Then benitez got sacked. So I'm interested in a logical and well balanced argument if someone can tell me how benitez 'ruined' the club in any way more than what Frank has this season. Because benitez when he has his best players available had the team winning games and the team looking the better in games.

Frank on the other hand has always had that luxury of pretty much all his best players available and honestly I don't think there has been a single game this season where we have looked the better team. Or last season with exception to the Leeds home game we won 3 nil.

The reason benitez had to go was because the fans couldn't get onside with him, nothing to do with his ability as a football manager because he's just better than Frank is by a mile as much as you don't want to believe it.

Maybe you think because he signed Rondon on a free he wrecked us but that would be a tad harsh wouldn't it?
I think @Eggs has good insight into what went on, he's consistently indicated that Benitez was a fractious appointment behind the scenes. For example:

….he caused rifts with FF staff & within the Board.

i agree, though, fans dissatisfaction with the Board should be voiced, I’m just not sure how.

Doesn’t tend to go well. Pochettino the one exception I can think of
Conte barely spoke English when he got to Chelsea. It'll go fine if they're good at managing a football club..

I like that they can't understand the pointless criticisms they'll get and can hopefully focus on improving the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back