Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri: "Hiring a former Barcelona manager worked well for Man City. We had a lovely chat on the phone and I have decided to appoint..."

1642292658522.png

Rooney would be a howler. If Man Utd had a 21 point deduction, you wouldn’t expect them to be relegated. No idea why he is getting plaudits for doing the same with the championship equivalent.
Derby are the Championship equivalent of Man Utd?

This the same Derby who played 39 year old Jagielka in 20 games this season then had to let him go because they couldn't show evidence of funds to keep him for another 6 months? The same Derby who have had a transfer embargo placed on them?

Not sure the comparison stands up to scrutiny.

Next hire is not the long term one ....we need someone in whose total remit is to avoid relegation at all costs. If they manage their way into a permanent job....fantastic , but we need an immediate emotional response NOW to get us out of danger. Long term hire / planner comes in the summer.

Talking guff as usual.

5 managers in 6 years

No European togger in near 5 seasons

2 mid table finishes under one of the greatest managers of all time

A mid table Crystal Palace squaddie being one of our best players this season

But this fella thinks we have a boss squad oh stop it my spleen hurts lol lol
£500 mil spent

All nonsense.

Pair anybody with Mina and the stats show you we're a very different side at the back.

Couple that with our new LB & RB additions.

Couple that with a manager that plays with three in the middle of the park.

We're nowhere near as far away from being a competitive side as people think.

Pickford
Patterson Godfrey Mina Ukraine
Allan Doucs Gomes
Richy. DCL. Gray
Mate, Benitez was crap here, his system didn't work and he was unwilling to change that to suit what he had at his disposal. Add in the fact that he seemed very unlucky with us, like Silva was imo, and its a recipe for disaster.

But let's not kid ourselves that this team is a top team its probably the 9th or 10th best team in the league at best.

The new fullbacks you talk about aren't going to revolutionise the team and change our fortunes. Patterson is only 19 and couldn't even get a game at Rangers ahead of Tavnier. Mykolenko looks miles off the pace the last two games to the point where I think they should play him in a different position with Godfrey at LB (because he's crap at CB) until he gets up to speed.

Pickford, DCL, Richy, Mina and Gray are probably top 7 players on their day (don't mistake that for top 4) but that's about it. Rest of the squad is mid to lower table bobo. 5 players who could make a team that finishes between 5th and 7th from a squad of 20 odd players doesn't make us "competitive". We should 100% be doing better than we are but don't kid yourself.

I think we should get Rooney. A born winner, a captain of Manchester United and England that is massively respected by world class players.

I’ve just watched a good documentary about him. He comes across as management material tbh. He’s not the granny shagging alcoholic that some people make him out to be:

I think we should get Rooney. A born winner, a captain of Manchester United and England that is massively respected by world class players.

I’ve just watched a good documentary about him. He comes across as management material tbh. He’s not the granny shagging alcoholic that some people make him out to be:

Im so against this. But why not eh. Id prefer him to the big donkey fraud that is Ferguson. Fast forward twelve months and we will be looking for another manager anyways. No one, can save us unless the board goes, and every player we have is replaced.

A fella who woke up in a drunken stupor only to find the girls he had pulled had taken pictures of him comatose.

Any chance, we could actually go for a proven manager with a track record of managing football teams.

Potter would be perfect for us. Unfortunately, Moshiri will go for the big name and try to sign Harry Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.