Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have supported this club for 30 years and will continue to do so until I no longer inhabit this Earth.

However, I do not live under a rock and know that what I have highlighted above does not make us a big club in today's definition of a big club, which was my initial point...

Nobody cares that we are in our 120th season in the top flight...

"Poor couple of decades in terms of winning trophies" is an understatement and exactly why we are not a big club.

Sorry to burst your bubble...

Hope I never sit next to you at the match then, Christ.

You know who didn't have PL experience?

Klopp
Guardiola
Conte(mk 1 when he won the league first season)
Haissenhutl or however you spell his name
Potter
Ragnick
Arteta

It is just so so so so so massively overrated as a thing.
Thing is they've all pretty much been given either time or money. I'm not sure the Everton job would include that at present.

Can you imagine our fanbase tolerating a manager criticising them for leaving early, or bumping around the bottom 3rd of the prem for a season while he gets rid of the cack, or (god forbid) two 9-0 defeats in the same year?

This is a tough gig.

Martinez actually understands Everton. He is much better than a lot of the names mentioned. Moshiri and Kenwright are always going to appoint clueless garbage managers. So sometimes lesser of the evils is all you can expect.

All well and good understanding Everton but our defence is shocking now, not like he’ll improve these defenders we have now. Had better defenders when he was at the club and we were poor at the back.

After all the Premier League clubs that he made worse, I can’t believe people on this forum can even suggest Mourinho.

Chelsea - won loads of shiny things
Man Utd - won loads of shiny things
Spurs - took them to a cup final

The useless barsteward!

Just give it Dunc or some Euro Journeyman with nothing on his CV but a Greek title!!

Martinez doesnt make sense...he makes less sense than Ferguson or Rooney.

Ferguson knows the players, would be a proactive style of football.

Rooney has something to prove and actual management experience, probably relates well to the players as well.

Martinez cant set up a defence. We dont have the cash to splash either. I think he'd be a good appointment if we had a top DOF supplying the players and a few hundred million to spend -- which we did straight after sacking him.

Marco Silva would be the pick from the championship...didnt get the players he wanted in with us...and Gbamin got the bad iniury.

Apart from Ferguson/Rooney and my left field shouts of Amorim or Gallardo...theres not much beyond Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.