Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching sky sports news repeat repeat repeat, and for some reason they've got Mark bosnich on live from Australia commenting on our managers position wtf?????

We dont have the players for quick, intense football. teams like Villa and West Ham have squads that are so much better, with quality, expensive players. What do we have? Richarlisson and maybe Pickford. The rest is not good enough for swashbuckling fast passing football. We need a coach that makes us a compact and well organised defensive fortress and build from there until ffp gives us more air. We still need to jettison several big buck players like Keane, Iwobi, etc.

Kovac or lampard for me
Christopher Galteir.

Again, I'm not arguing in favour of Rooney.

I just don't think that pointing at win percentages from a different season in entirely different scenarios is a great way to assess someone's ability. There are circumstances that can affect the context.

If they could afford to sack him he may have had money to spend or at least to get bodies in. If that happened they may have won a few more games. And he can fail - making up a 21 point deficit to climb out of the relegation places is something he could have failed to do. Even in financial ruin plenty of clubs find a way to get a manager out. Oldham managed it with regularity in among the winding-up orders.

The financial mismanagement and decisions made around their punishment are not a reflection on Rooney's management skills so I'm not entirely sure what the relevance of that is.

I doubt very much he's a great manager. I'm arguing that pointing at his win percentage compared to others in wildly different circumstances isn't an entirely accurate or fair barometer of his ability in that particular job.
Look at Eddie Howe before the PL, he took Bournemouth up 3 divisions must of had a great win rate.. not a great manager though

Martinez is an awful idea for the exact same reason as Benitez, the crowd will take 1/2 as long to get on his back.

Moshiri has literally mentioned this in the past, that we’re quick to jump down managers throats. So why on earth would he put himself in that situation for the 2nd time straight.

Martinez is an awful idea for the exact same reason as Benitez, the crowd will take 1/2 as long to get on his back.

Moshiri has literally mentioned this in the past, that we’re quick to jump down managers throats. So why on earth would he put himself in that situation for the 2nd time straight.
Not sure who the fans, or at least the majority of fans, would be happy with - I'm beginning to think Ferguson is the only option at the moment just due to the sheer negativity towards the club.

Moshiri is utterly clueless who thinks he's the star of Succession

You've essentially described what Benitez tried to do.

It's not though. Benitez was pretty much the definition of style over substance.

He played 2 in midfield every week and defended set plays in a static zonal marking system every week. Even though it was blatantly obvious that the style wasn't effective. He also played Rondon pretty much every week, regardless of performance, and dropped all the young lads again after Chelsea.

Rooney has had a harder job than Lampard. I agree. However Derby do have one of the best academies in the UK. Some top youth coming through, better than what we have even have. They have spent quite a bit of money in the last few years, most of said players are still there and most of all they are playing without pressure. Rooney also has the extra knowledge from playing with the side last season. If he had literally joined them in the summer, I think it would be a different story.

I think Rooney will make the jump, or even be forced to, because Derby won't want to pay for his high wages, not to mention they are selling off all his better players.

I think looking at it, it would be a similar situation to here. The only difference is if he comes here he will be treated like a legend by the fans.

Lampard is terrible.

They have a squad of 22 players. 15 players left.

You can't just dismiss the job he's doing by saying "their academy is great and they have some decent players". You don't get them to play when there's turmoil...look at us. He has done while fighting fires off the pitch. And hasn't quit or moaned about it either. Also getting Ravel Morrison to play more than 2 games is a miracle in itself.

That takes some quality IMO.

I’m really struggling to understand why Rooney has more than twice the number of votes that Lampard has.

Rooney has done a far worse job at Derby and has zero PL experience. Lampard had a very good win ratio at Derby and an okay time at Chelsea, probably too soon for him to be given the job when he got it. I’m not saying Lampard is the right option either, but surely Rooney is a huge risk.

If Rooney was some random bloke from Germany with that managerial record nobody would even be considering it.

Agree with all of this. I'm been in favour of Lampard since last summer. His strengths seem to be a lot of the things we need. And modern players tend to only respond to top players who they immediately respect.

They are going to get it wrong again. Clowns like Kenwright wanting to bring back a man that caused banners to be flown over goodison and the biggest protests in years, hiring inexperienced mates on the board who won't cause a fuss, etc etc etc. There is only one way forward out of this crisis and its really not difficult.

- Don't let the board or owner appoint any permanent Manager, period. They are incapable.
- Put Ferguson and Baines in charge for the remainder of the season. They will do enough to calm things down, unite the fans and keep us in the PL.
- Owner get advice from an experienced professional and take your time and find a good DOF and put him in place before the end of the season.
- When the season ends sack the entire board, chairman included.
- Bring in experienced outside professionals and create a brand new board with an agreed philosophy, club direction and communication skills.
- Let the DOF direct all of the football including getting in the new Manager with no interference.
- Complete overhaul of communication.
- Owner leave the professionals to do their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.