Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are getting relegated unless we bring a manager who wants to get on the ball with a clear identity. There is only one other side in the league who play our style and they are bottom.

Passion is irrelevant when the gameplan is to hoof it aimlessly at every opportunity
precicesly

I can't say any of the players didn't try yesterday. Evertoninan's obsession with effort is weird, it's like some cringey fetish.

'Effort' doesn't make everything better.

Tbf the big miss is Tuchel in 2017 but you know, they're idiots.

I agree that Favre is older than ideal, he's 64 so that's why I think you'd have to say him look, come in and sort us out, we want you for 18 months to turn this thing around and then maybe you could move him up to another role within the club? He's brilliant at implementing an exciting style of play and he also likes youngsters to play too. He wants a direct approach but he's not a long ball merchant - some on here can't separate that.

Realistically I know it's probably not going to happen but I think Kovac would end up gone in 18 months anyway so in that case I'd rather appoint a manager with a proven track record of turning clubs who are a bit of a mess around.

Imagine having got Tuchal, hes incredible.

I don’t think we have the players myself, I know the point your making. But we don’t have that guile in the team especially in midfield. Race f us getting rid of Digne and Jamo, where ever you sit in the deals, both were catalysts as Digne proved yesterday for Vila - you couldn’t make it up really.

As a club we’ve been here before it’s 1997 again with Joe & Waggy.
With the Doucoure injury we need to sign a midfielder urgently.

You’ve actually gone into highly detailed analysis of Kovac in an attempt to dismiss him.

You have no such data to draw on for Rooney to make a judgement, yet give him a pass?

You’re all over the place.
I don't give Rooney a pass. He wouldn't be my pick. I think he's doing brilliantly at Derby, all things considered, but I agree that it might be too early to judge.

I'm able to judge on Kovac because yes, I think there is evidence there that right at this moment, he wouldn't really fit.

Out of curiosity, how many times did you watch Kovac's teams previously, and why would you be so against Rooney?

precicesly

I can't say any of the players didn't try yesterday. Evertoninan's obsession with effort is weird, it's like some cringey fetish.

'Effort' doesn't make everything better.
Effort wasn't there last season at times tbf but we had a proper manager in charge.

This year we have no plan and can only get out of this with a clear way of playing. Effort will always be there under Ferguson but yesterday showed he is tactically inept.

Status
Not open for further replies.