Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come off it.. Difficult season for Chelsea. They had a transfer ban… they still had one of the most expensive squads in world football. Not like Derby with point deductions and other clubs.
The Chelsea manager doesn’t buy the players the DOF or what ever role she has does

Cool you mentioned the buying of players as Lampard wanted Declsn Rice but was overuled

Shall I ask you the Monaco question again?

Q: Based on his time at Monaco this season, what impressed you about Kovac?

A: (Paraphrasing) Dunno, something, something...character and personality.

Hes Benitez-lite mate.
No you should not ask me again

You should ask yourself why he’s the most popular choice here, and reflect on the fact that you may not have a monopoly on knowledge of managers.

Shall I ask you the Monaco question again?

Q: Based on his time at Monaco this season, what impressed you about Kovac?

A: (Paraphrasing) Dunno, something, something...character and personality.

Hes Benitez-lite mate.
Looking at his stats I don't understand why he was sacked. Was he just on a bad run?

56% win rate and only 16 losses from 74 games. I'd give a kidney for them stats for our manager.

Looking at his stats I don't understand why he was sacked. Was he just on a bad run?

56% win rate and only 16 losses from 74 games. I'd give a kidney for them stats for our manager.
Don’t engage with him mate

He thinks he had some kind of edgy insider knowledge of the game when he doesn’t

When I say CV i just mean his previous work though, not like an actual CV on a piece of paper. Most of the managers you've named there have good CVs in that sense, they've shown that they have the ability to improve clubs or win things or improve the style of play or whatever it is the individual club may be looking for.

What I'm saying is that I don't think Lampard's CV really shows that. He took a Derby side that had finished 6th the season before to 6th again, and a Chelsea side that had finished 3rd the season before to 4th, before being sacked with them in 9th the season after. There isn't a great body of evidence to show that he is a manager capable of getting more out of a group of players.

Conversely there's no evidence he makes players worse ?

Promoted youth, left out big names when he had too. Played attacking football, has a defined modern system of play.

Just hire him.

Could this be galaxy brain thinking by Mosh. I wasn't keen on lampard a few weeks ago but with recent links I am convinced he will take us to glory. Sneaky Iranian bugger

Just reading the article that @Lanolin mentioned earlier and there is a lot in it too about how Lampard has used the last year to try and learn more, including speaking with Brendan Rodgers a lot and how he's talked with Steve Kerr (Warriors coach, if I'm not mistaken) about learning if there's any techniques from basketball coaching that can be applied.

Clearly isn't someone totally unwilling to learn.

Conversely there's no evidence he makes players worse ?

Promoted youth, left out big names when he had too. Played attacking football, has a defined modern system of play.

Just hire him.
Yeah that's pretty much exactly what i've been saying. His record is neither good nor bad to be honest, it's just very beige, which is why I can't really see why some people are so sure he'd be a good appointment. There's a dearth of decent links so I can understand people shrugging and saying he looks as good as anyone, i'm just talking about the people who are right on the bandwagon, i'm not sure what they're seeing that i'm not.

No you should not ask me again

You should ask yourself why he’s the most popular choice here, and reflect on the fact that you may not have a monopoly on knowledge of managers.
But you could put a pool up on who would you screw Amanda H, Gail from Corrie or Dott Cotton East Enders i presume mort favor Amanda doesn't mean she's he best screw

Apparently had a fall out with their DoF and @Zatara said that basically all the signings he demanded have been flops or something this season

However, Bobble was saying last night that basically there's been a few PL clubs unsure on Kovac because it's not exactly clear why he fell out with Monaco's hiarachy. Paul Mitchell is well respected and has done a good job there.

It is however, well known from his time at Bayern, that Kovac can be a very divisive character.

I do get the comparisons to Benitez in how his teams play football. He is however a more modernised version more in touch with football in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.