Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see him having a plan but players not being good enough to implement it out on the pitch due to injuries or simply not being good enough quality wise. You also have to factor in no manager can do anything about a player making individual mistakes and this has also plagued the team on quite a few occasions this season.

Like I say once a manager has his own players in and are drilled with the tactics he wants to use.. if that’s still not good enough then by all means show him the door.. up until then it’s not the right time to judge him unless ofcorse there is a really good chance the team will be relagated which has never been on the cards this season due to poorer teams.
Read that.

So what is his plan?

The Chelsea game is the plan. 5 at the back, Defend deep, 20 percent possession and nick a goal from a set piece.

Wasn't that the same as KITAP with Moyes, keep it tight and pinch one?

Seems like there is a jizzfest over Moist at the moment, plus he has now spent over $165m

Lets see what the January window brings hey!

Goalkeeper who is competent and doesnt make many mistakes
Buys Bergovic
Defence that doesn’t concede many goals
Employs zonal marking, surrenders possession and invites pressure around our 18 yard box. Isolates first team players who have concerns that this is not working, as demonstrated by the worst run of results in decades.
Midfield that supports attack going forward and supports defence when under pressure
Sells James outside of the window so no replacement can be brought in.
Forwards who can score goals and win you games.
Rondon
I think that might be what he’s trying to put in place.
Thanks mate. ?

Seems like there is a jizzfest over Moist at the moment, plus he has now spent over $165m

Well we didn’t play 5 at the back and were generally competitive rather than passive. And if Moyes and Benitez were choosing ten players between them I’d go with Moyes on all ten.

To moan about the game plan away at Chelsea with our squad was just bizzare, we got a great result that night, everything about it we should be happy about, along with the Arsenal result its the best two results of the season right at a time we needed them

To moan about the game plan away at Chelsea with our squad was just bizzare, we got a great result that night, everything about it we should be happy about, along with the Arsenal result its the best two results of the season right at a time we needed them
Both teams played us off the park. We were amazingly lucky that arsenal played awful and Chelsea were blunted heading into a Covid crisis. in both games the opposition missed whta seemed like certain goals and we could have gone in at half time 3 down in the Chelsea game. We rode our luck in both, the 3 points were won by a Gray worldie at Arsenal and a MotM performance by Pickford at Chelsea, not some great plan - that is just not true my friend!

Both teams played us off the park. We were amazingly lucky that arsenal played awful and Chelsea were blunted heading into a Covid crisis. in both games the opposition missed whta seemed like certain goals and we could have gone in at half time 3 down in the Chelsea game. We rode our luck in both, the 3 points were won by a Gray worldie at Arsenal and a MotM performance by Pickford at Chelsea, not some great plan - that is just not true my friend!
It's a results business, we got 4 points from 2 fixtures most expected nothing from, ok we offset it with a disaster at Palace but let's not take anything away with how well we did.
Besides there have been games were Everton were easily the better side, such as Old Trafford but luck went against us.

It's a results business, we got 4 points from 2 fixtures most expected nothing from, ok we offset it with a disaster at Palace but let's not take anything away with how well we did.
Besides there have been games were Everton were easily the better side, such as Old Trafford but luck went against us.
I fully acknowledge that it is a results game. So 4 from 6 is a good return but 2 points out of the 24 on offer before the Arsenal game is clearly a sackable set of results.
Indeed 6 from 33 on offer is too.

I fully acknowledge that it is a results game. So 4 from 6 is a good return but 2 points out of the 24 on offer before the Arsenal game is clearly a sackable set of results.
Indeed 6 from 33 on offer is too.
I would agree if it wasnt for the circumstance and the damage it could potentially do, the worry about who we go to next is a serious one, its not going to be a pretty season and possibly wont be next season either, but thats Everton under Moshiri who only cares about the ground

I would agree if it wasnt for the circumstance and the damage it could potentially do, the worry about who we go to next is a serious one, its not going to be a pretty season and possibly wont be next season either, but thats Everton under Moshiri who only cares about the ground
I would concur, I have always advocated that you should never fire someone unless a better solution is available. However, you have to make that judgement based on performance, not who we like or the cut of their jib.

Status
Not open for further replies.