Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To moan about the game plan away at Chelsea with our squad was just bizzare, we got a great result that night, everything about it we should be happy about, along with the Arsenal result its the best two results of the season right at a time we needed them

Who was moaning? Might be an idea to revisit the whole conversation rather than the last comment ;);););)

I would concur, I have always advocated that you should never fire someone unless a better solution is available. However, you have to make that judgement based on performance, not who we like or the cut of their jib.
The recent run of results has been unacceptable, although the win against Arsenal and draw at Chelsea will have given the manager more time for sure. If things improve over the next run of games then I won’t necessarily be calling for his head.

However, he should be judged against the targets he has agreed with the board. By the sounds of it he thinks the team should finish in the top 7 and I would say that’s unlikely.

Goalkeeper who is competent and doesnt make many mistakes
Defence that doesn’t concede many goals
Midfield that supports attack going forward and supports defence when under pressure
Forwards who can score goals and win you games.

I think that might be what he’s trying to put in place.
So ,by your own criteria above, he is demonstrably failing and failing abysmally at that.
Failing managers usually get dismissed,

The recent run of results has been unacceptable, although the win against Arsenal and draw at Chelsea will have given the manager more time for sure. If things improve over the next run of games then I won’t necessarily be calling for his head.

However, he should be judged against the targets he has agreed with the board. By the sounds of it he thinks the team should finish in the top 7 and I would say that’s unlikely.
I think he is capable of getting the team finishing top 7.. but not before he has been given money to bring in his own players and has been given time to get them playing his way, my guess another three or four transfer windows..
Nobody would expect him to hit those targets in his first season with the rubbish he has at his disposal.. you could see how weak the squad is when he was forced to field so many kids against Chelsea.. they should of been eased in gently over a period of time against certain opposition and definately not away at the champions of Europe when both team and manager were under so much pressure.. luckily those kids swam and never sunk but it could of been different and they could of been damaged if the team got a hiding...

He has the team working hard on the pitch which is a basic that many of his predecessors have failed to achieve. The squad has been blighted by injury to our best players, in a squad that lacks depth. He has had no opportunity to embed whatever type of football/style of play he would like due to these circumstances. He is having to adapt to get results. It’s poor at the moment and he is walking a knife edge but he needs time before it can be judged properly. If things don’t seem to be markedly improved as we move into February then I think it will be a different story.

I think one of the best times to judge any manager is when things are bad and not going the way you want them to.. it’s no use judging manager when the sun is shining... no injuries.. team playing well and results going in your favour as you learn nothing about a manager.. I can definately say if Benitez can get through this he will know a lot more about the players he can trust and also be in a much stronger confident position of what’s needed going forward...

I think one of the best times to judge any manager is when things are bad and not going the way you want them to.. it’s no use judging manager when the sun is shining... no injuries.. team playing well and results going in your favour as you learn nothing about a manager.. I can definately say if Benitez can get through this he will know a lot more about the players he can trust and also be in a much stronger confident position of what’s needed going forward...
No, he’s the manager, results going well is literally his job. A win against Arsenal and a draw against Chelsea do not make up for the pathetic displays against Palace and the RS, and the 8 or so other dreadful results.

He has the team working hard on the pitch which is a basic that many of his predecessors have failed to achieve. The squad has been blighted by injury to our best players, in a squad that lacks depth. He has had no opportunity to embed whatever type of football/style of play he would like due to these circumstances. He is having to adapt to get results. It’s poor at the moment and he is walking a knife edge but he needs time before it can be judged properly. If things don’t seem to be markedly improved as we move into February then I think it will be a different story.
This is a good point this, when you look at how little effort the players put in under the last useless manger and how many points we have picked up from losing positions uder this one, it shows how much effort they are putting n, he has that drilled into them, they are inspired

Status
Not open for further replies.