Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope Cahill would be an exception if returning to the club that he would feel a greater degree of freedom in being truthful and acting on his opinions.

Most of the time, jobs for the boys means a job for keeping your mouth shut and the status quo going.

Cahill seems to be the one guy I'd be in favour of giving a role to. It's an advantage he loves the club, but he has got to have the necessary skill set as well.
No more jobs for the boys!

No more executive or senior manager roles for blokes who’s only experience is kicking a ball about. This isn’t a charity case for retired average footballers.

This is why we are total rubbish as a club.

We was on a downward trajectory from Carlo's time. 3 wins in his last 11 matches. We had no money to spend and had to balance the books. Sure we could keep Digne, James, Bernard etc etc but next season we would face sanctions. Yeah results didn't go our way, but when you have players like Kean making calamitous mistakes which cost us games, what can you do, no amount of work on the training field can prepare you for that.

Rafael identified key problems in the team and tried to rectify them, he should be praised for bringing in Gray, having belief in Gordon, bringing in new fullbacks, getting rid of Brands, balancing the books etc
Those fullbacks were identified by Brands, he’s not taking the credit for them!

Gray’s a fair one, he’s been good. Rondon?? That is one of the worst signings I’ve ever seen by us and we’ve had a fair few.

What's your point? Benitez beat Arsenal at home with this:

View attachment 153083

My point was you said no manager could get us up the table (ie win games) with the attackers injured. Well the last manager won a difficult away game with two centre backs playing full back, Davies in a 2 man midfield, Iwobi playing right wing, Digne left wing, no strikers and 2 of the slowest players you'll ever see playing up front.

I honestly tempered my expectations with him, I would understand mid table or slightly lower with our current woes but we had won like 2 games in 13 that's inexcusable and the performances were not encouraging either suffice to say somehow more punishing to the eye than Carlo's style. Yet he actually provided some defensive stability. But anyway back on topic besides Martinez who would your ideal managerial candidate be?
I dont have ideal candidates now, I have attainable:

Lampard or Rooney will do. Get them in.

One thing is for sure - we cant continue with the galloot.

2 weeks to get this calamity under control.

We was on a downward trajectory from Carlo's time. 3 wins in his last 11 matches. We had no money to spend and had to balance the books. Sure we could keep Digne, James, Bernard etc etc but next season we would face sanctions. Yeah results didn't go our way, but when you have players like Kean making calamitous mistakes which cost us games, what can you do, no amount of work on the training field can prepare you for that.

Rafael identified key problems in the team and tried to rectify them, he should be praised for bringing in Gray, having belief in Gordon, bringing in new fullbacks, getting rid of Brands, balancing the books etc
Easiest job in the world being Benitez isn’t it? Turn up, do whatever he wants, fail to get the results on the pitch - and it’s all the players fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.