Votes: 6 7.4%
  • No DoF at all

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Appoint a Director of Cheese on Toast

Votes: 23 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to an extent but he had somehow heard of Brands and Monchi.

Personally I'd prefer a DoF who knows English football

Depends what the mandate would be.

Sporting Director
Technical Director
Director of Football.

We really need someone to improve the infrastructure and staff of every level but separately we need someone at the forefront of player recruitment.

I would be far more open to empowering a new CEO to have far more influence over the first team and recruitment and to partner them with a manager who is happy to put in the hard yards on the training ground and to assist with recruitment and strategy planning as well.

West Ham are a great example for us to look to. A failing model under Pellegrini and a totally inept DoF sleep walking into the Championship and now totally revitalised by a high energy manager who not only coaches players very well but is an expert in the transfer market and has total support from a reformed boardroom.

West Ham were able to turn their fortunes around very quickly. What may hold us back is how bad our profit and sustainability problems are and if we have any room to manoeuvre in the summer - assuming we're still in the premier league and hopefully under the direction of a new manager. It is looking more and more than we are in a period of managed decline, and will need to sell players if we want to do anything at all to the squad.

Never ever ever getting him because he’s A++++ calibre of signing, but Edwards would be the best available and sadly we’ll beyond our reach!

What he’s done at Liverpool is as good as anything in football for 15-20 years imo. Remarkable.

Never ever ever getting him because he’s A++++ calibre of signing, but Edwards would be the best available and sadly we’ll beyond our reach!

What he’s done at Liverpool is as good as anything in football for 15-20 years imo. Remarkable.
I think its more Klopp than anyone else... but who knows.

No point appointing anybody in the role until its made clear the outside meddling is reduced to the absolute minimum.

By the minimum I mean DoF produces his list of candidates for first team manager/coach. The owner can veto ONE.

The DoF can produce a list of first team targets, the manager/coach can veto ONE.

He has total control over hiring and firing, no protection from extra special friends in the boardroom.

He decides the style of play for ALL ages, right the way through to the first team.

He has a constantly updated list of coaches, scouts, physios he'd like to employ, some of whom have already been sounded out.

Anything less than that and it's a complete waste of time.

It's Everton, such a set up will never, ever happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.