Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Vici Private Finance

Votes: 245 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

Haven't been following the takeover talks too closely, but if I may just question.

If we do manage to conclude the takeover, does that mean we still have to sell Branthwaite, DCL, Onana?

Thank You
Probably .

There are 2 reasons put forward for June sales ,PSR and cash flow.

Can't see any deal concluded by end of June and in any event PSR remains an issue.

Wouldn't be a deal maker or breaker but id like to see Evertonians take over the club, prob going against the grain there.
I think it would help having people who understand the fans and the city, I would like people to come in with a long term plan/vision for the club.

Not entirely sure that's what MSP are looking for, possibly a quick return for investors and no idea re Vatche Manoukian group, but think Bell/Downing could bring this.

I'm pretty ambivalent to be honest. However there must be some benefit of having local people with the best interest of Everton at heart involved

Think culture is an important part of any club but also organisation, company and governance - it needs to be blended with other things - but I think it is important as are values, i think if the club is run by an office in Miami or New York, i think we loose a bit of something organic, but important.

I look at Chelsea and City and they dont feel like the clubs they once were culturally, back 25 years ago, they are just like new supplanted clubs - i know they are successful, but i dont think they really represent the culture of old City or Chelsea anyone, all a bit sterile - would hate that to happen to us.

One of our unique selling points is our history and culture in my opinion.

As i say not a deal maker or breaker but it would be something id like.

I wouldn't have an issue with Bell/Downing, other than concerns about having no experience at this type of venture. They may be the only game in town. Their business backgrounds offer a lot of encouragement. We have never been a well-run club in the Premier League era. If that was to change, particularly on the commercial front and with the new stadium, with a financial re-structuring, then we would be still in a much better position than today.

We will face having to sell to buy regardless of what happens, perhaps for many seasons to come, under whatever ownership. The majority of clubs operate under some form of constraint.

Competency and good execution are severely under-rated concepts in football business. If Bell & Downing bring us that, we will stabilise and grow, from a low base, but with a high ceiling. I wouldn't turn my nose down at Europa Conference League qualification, for example. If West Ham can win that, so can we. Small steps are needed. But this saga can't go on much longer. If it is to be Bell/Downing then they need to be allowed to formalise their plans without delay.

We don't *need* an Evertonian owner. It isn't a pre-requisite to someone having the club's interests at heart, but the advantage is that, an Evertonians, we can be relatively certain they wouldn't be here to asset strip the club and makes us tenants in our own new ground.

The thing I think people need to remember is that being an Evertonian doesn't equal being Bill Kenwright. Kenwright didn't fail because he was a blue, he failed because he was a control freak who believed that he, and only he, was uniquely placed to know what was best for the club when in reality that was pretty far from the truth. It is possible to be an Evertonian and also run the club in a manner that is required, but by the same token it's equally possible for a non-Evertonian to do the same. There is no mega-wealthy bid that is going to clear our debts with 100% equity injections and leave us debt free, so that being the case you need to judge each case on its merits (very difficult without all of the info). Bell and Downing shouldn't be dismissed because of the Kenwright hangover, but equally they shouldn't be blindly accepted either.
Great post this

Noel Gallagher quoted this morning :

“When I explain it to Sonny, my youngest lad, I think the perfect analogy is: ‘If you want to know what it used to be like, look at Everton’,” Gallagher began.

“If City hadn’t been bought by Sheikh Mansour, it would have been takeover after takeover, all sorts of f***wits coming in, failure and broken promises.

“I look at Everton at the bottom of the league, points deductions, and I think: ‘There but for the grace of God go us’. Because that would have been us, or possibly even worse.”
Noel Gallagher in stupid opinion shocker, sucking off a human rights abuser and cheering on brexit. One horrible little sell out him

What I don't quite get with B&D is that - as competent and Evertonian as they may well be - if we end up with one big restructured loan then I don't see how we'd be any better off than the Kenwright years really - just with a better stadium. A better option than administration but little financial headroom to do much more than live season to season.

What I don't quite get with B&D is that - as competent and Evertonian as they may well be - if we end up with one big restructured loan then I don't see how we'd be any better off than the Kenwright years really - just with a better stadium. A better option than administration but little financial headroom to do much more than live season to season.

They need somebody of great wealth behind them i think, even working alongside MSP may be enough.

Rights and Media and Philip Green bleed us dry for 2 decades. Presumably much larger and more reputable lenders would be involved in long term financing (such as Spurs put in place after new stadium build). Critically it would be at lower interest rates and be less of a burden every year.

That's why the initial plan of Bell/Downing + MSP was pretty much the dream ticket (outside of some filthy state ownership)

Successful Evertonians within their own industries and the expanded knowledge and contacts MSP have grown over the years. It's quite disappointing that something has forced them apart.

Bell and Downing are also the only hope for the Goodison Legacy project. I appreciate it's not really top priority but to abandon an already depressed corner of the city that's been our home for over 130 years would be pure Tory Kopite.

Would be genuinely interested to know why B&D and MSP spilt off into separate bids.

B&D + MSP seem the best of the lot if they combine.

Could convert their debt to equity and add the Sports expertise of MSP to the local business knowledge.

That would leave R&M + 777 as the two debts to restructure.

My guess is that they may disgree on the ownership and senior management structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.